Release Notes - September 17, 2013

Moun10Bike

• New responsive design for the login page! No more hunting for the right dialog box when trying to log in on the phone.
  • Logo usage page has been updated and is now easier than ever to download logos -- including the brand book.
  • Fixed a bug where logs would randomly include cat pictures based on difficulty and terrain.
  • Logging in via the Facebook button will now update the "Last signed in" date.
  • The account details screen will no longer return a 500 error for users with unexpected locales.
  • Updated "This is Groundspeak" video on Groundspeak.com

Nice release, too bad it messes up the layout of the cache page.

The log options,etc that should be in the right column are shifted to below the hints....

Same here, using Firefox 23.0.1 and Internet Explorer 10.

--Larry

Edited to add that Firefox just now updated itself to 24.0. Didn't help....

Edited by larryc43230

I get the same issue ("Log Your Visit", the map and "Attributes" are now all below the cache page text) - I'm using Chrome and IE8

Another issue with IE that I'm getting is that the cache page text is no longer on a white background. Many cache pages have a JPG used as a background so now they are totally unreadable.

Don't know if this is an update problem or not. Two finds on my webcam cache with this photo: 24c33bc7-f010-4d0f-82e6-5415be4510fd.jpghttp://img.geocachin...415be4510fd.jpg

Yeah! It's a blank photo. I've never seen this before. Didn't think it could be done. But I wondered, with the update today, whether the update was the cause of the problem?

I've been getting those for a while on my virtual cache in Germany. Everyone that I've contacted about it has been using c:geo on Android, so it appears to be something going on with that app.

I notice that the basic drop down menus now have a white background. Unfortunately, this hosed our custom Greasmonkey menus. I know that your main objective has to be updating your site and if a second party addon gets messed up, that's just part of doing business. I don't fault you for that. What does bother me is that the third party addon menus should have been obsolete years ago because all of the items they provide should already be part of the websites menu system.

Specifically, the Waypoint Finder menu will not close and the GC Little Helper menu will not open.

0fc54d02-05f1-4a91-a47c-af3facdc91e9.jpg?rnd=0.4293286

I've noticed that all the nav menu bar stuff is really cut back not just the cache pages.

I assumed it was something new today... FWIW I can still access the pages from existing links in my history, so it isn't the pages I want ie Trackables page.

If it's any help, I'm using a PC laptop, Chrome (current), Vista Home Basic.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

I notice that the basic drop down menus now have a white background. Unfortunately, this hosed our custom Greasmonkey menus. I know that your main objective has to be updating your site and if a second party addon gets messed up, that's just part of doing business. I don't fault you for that. What does bother me is that the third party addon menus should have been obsolete years ago because all of the items they provide should already be part of the websites menu system.

Specifically, the Waypoint Finder menu will not close and the GC Little Helper menu will not open.

Okay, I have not lost my mind or my computer suffered a tachyon bust. I posted that question over in Geocaching topics and so far there has been no response. Maybe fizzymagic will wander by with a fix like he did last time, or the lackeys will fix the problem so the script works. I really miss that script.

Okay, I have not lost my mind or my computer suffered a tachyon bust. I posted that question over in Geocaching topics and so far there has been no response. Maybe fizzymagic will wander by with a fix like he did last time, or the lackeys will fix the problem so the script works. I really miss that script.

I have the same problem. I had to disable that part of the script. Hopefully someone will get it working again.

Maybe this is the same problem, but on the main geocaching page (not a cache page), none of the drop down menus show up any longer. Was this intentional? How do we get to stuff that used to be in the drop downs (like "Search Trackables" under "Play" or "Events" under "Community"). Thanks for any help.

And I don't use any Greasemonkey stuff. Just trying to access the drop down menus from the main nav bar on the page. As it is, right now, I can't figure out how to look up a trackable?!

Fixed a bug where logs would randomly include cat pictures based on difficulty and terrain.

This has broken several puzzle caches in my review territory, which rely upon the cat pictures. In addition, the owner of the "Furry Fizzy Challenge" has already archived their listing because it was based on collecting all 81 cat pictures.

The 5/5 cat is especially missed, based on the emails I've received.

scuba-cat-6.jpg

Sometimes, what Groundspeak regards as a bug, its users regard as a feature.

Fixed a bug where logs would randomly include cat pictures based on difficulty and terrain.

This has broken several puzzle caches in my review territory, which rely upon the cat pictures. In addition, the owner of the "Furry Fizzy Challenge" has already archived their listing because it was based on collecting all 81 cat pictures.

The 5/5 cat is especially missed, based on the emails I've received.

scuba-cat-6.jpg

Sometimes, what Groundspeak regards as a bug, its users regard as a feature.

Difficulty 1/ Terrain 1

wheelchair-cat.jpg

The issues with the top nav bar were due to an error in the CSS in yesterday's release. This has been fixed and is at this moment being rolled out to all of our servers. The issue should be corrected in a few minutes.

9:56 and the problem still exists with the script. I take it the CSS fix did not fix the GM script.

Edit: never mind, found the patch in another post.

Edited by jholly

Back running with 2.5.2 !! (Is that the lastest version before the BUST??

I hate to complain, since I was once a programmer and caught flak, goofed up, etc.

I was perfectly happy with the prior version, except for the spinning compass. The RADAR function almost always took me to GZ. (It sometimes found two or three, giving more exercise).

Other than the wi-fi freeze a while back, which I think I fixed or went away I was 99% happy. I don't want to learn the other apps, OR THE REVAMPED geocaching app. (Still happy with XP. :) )

Took me several hours to round up an old backup, is 2.5.2 the one to stick with.

Good luck on your efforts, indispensable for our greatest hobby ever. bobarry