need an advise

zam1r

My galaxy 4 did great before I upgraded to the 5 which just the same. With the galaxy you can drop any GPX file onto it from gsak and have the app search and use or. Can't do that on iOS only PQ allowed. Best app on the iPhone is GeoSense

I import GPX files to my wife's iPhone using Geosphere all the time, using the free Dropbox option. Using GSAK and/or Basecamp I export my GPX to Dropbox and import into my CachSense/Android phone and her iPhone/Geosphere. Drop the same GPX into the Garmin and all 3 devices have the same data. Personally, I prefer Android but her iPhone 5 does a great job, too.

The Groundspeak app only uses PQ's or live search, I believe. She dumped it immediately after we found Geosphere.

Just switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy S4 (Mini). Granted, I haven't found many caches yet, but I do notice a slight difference between the two. Husband still uses iPhone, which is up-to-date - same carrier, but iPhone seems to take a bit to catch up with mine when using the official Geo app. Overall, both get the job done.

If you're curious about the phones and their operating systems in and of themselves... (Strictly imo) Android phones remind me of a desktop computer. Interface is a little more "busy", which can be off-putting for some people. iPhone/Apple is crisp - clean and simple - but customization very limited (and I'm a customize-r). Don't regret the switch, but did my homework beforehand. (I like referring to CNET for tech product info. And Reddit, lol.)

Edited by amuse-Goose

Just switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy S4 (Mini). Granted, I haven't found many caches yet, but I do notice a slight difference between the two. Husband still uses iPhone, which is up-to-date - same carrier, but iPhone seems to take a bit to catch up with mine when using the official Geo app. Overall, both get the job done.

If you're curious about the phones and their operating systems in and of themselves... (Strictly imo) Android phones remind me of a desktop computer. Interface is a little more "busy", which can be off-putting for some people. iPhone/Apple is crisp - clean and simple - but customization very limited (and I'm a customize-r). Don't regret the switch, but did my homework beforehand. (I like referring to CNET for tech product info. And Reddit, lol.)

It's worth noting that the Galaxy S4 mini hardware is equivalent to and in some cases better than the specification of the iPhone5 - but the iPhone costs about four times as much.

It's worth noting that the Galaxy S4 mini hardware is equivalent to and in some cases better than the specification of the iPhone5 - but the iPhone costs about four times as much.

Well, worth the cost! And battery life.

As an Android and iOS smartphone user, I can' say I really prefer one over the other. The only thing I've noticed is that the updates are more stable and click-ready for iOS than they ever were for Android.

As for geocaching, either phone will be fine. It really isn't the primary function of a smartphone, so you can really only expect so much from those apps. I'd say save the $$, get a handheld GPS for geocaching, and a flip phone for calls and texts! :laughing: