Designing a geoart

sthrnbt

I am trying to do a geoart in a heart shape. I have completed the process but on the last step, it tells me one of them is not within 2 miles. Does the art itself have to be smaller than a 2 mile radius? from the 1st coordinate posted? There is no actual cache there, the coordinates are bogus.

That should have no bearing on things. I've seen some with Bogus coords only a couple hundred feet from other bogus coords.

From the page of GCCO GeoArt #0001

The ColoradoGeoArt consists of 1,005 caches and is just over 60x60 miles!!!

I'm not sure what you are doing that is causing the issue you describe, but others didn't have the same issue.

what it's telling me is the BOGUS coords are not within 2 miles of the 1st BOGUS coord

You're trying to enter 2 sets of bogus coords on the same cache page? :blink:

The cache report form won't report on the status of waypoints of other unpublished caches, so I'm guessing this is what you're doing.

Or perhaps you have "bogus" coords, then virtual coords, then a physical final.

The cache report form IS going to enforce a 2 mile limit between listing coords and final coords.

Why start another thread on the same subject?

- Maybe a refresher, by going to Geocaching 101, will steer you to correct cache types.

I started another thread because although I am still having issues with this mystery cache in the making, it is a different problem than the 1st. I don't understand how there are so many geoarts out there with 60+ caches and I can't make one with only 17. How can one do so many within a 2 mile radius?

I don't understand how there are so many geoarts out there with 60+ caches and I can't make one with only 17. How can one do so many within a 2 mile radius?

You do not have to do them all within a 2 mile radius. Each ? cache is an entity unto itself with its own actual coordinates and its own bogus coordinates; these two sets of coordinates--and only these two sets of coordinates--must be within 2 miles of each other. No other cache's bogus coordinates are relevant to any one of the ? caches.

Edited by NanCycle

OK. Just to help me (and maybe some of the others trying to help you) understand what you are trying to do, after re-reading this thread and your other one, I think what you have done so far is to place 16 different traditional caches, each with a question to answer and containing one digit of the coordinates to your final Mystery cache. You have managed to place 16 caches in the artistic design and are having problems placing the ? in the correct artistic point on the map, while still locating it within 2 miles of its container. Is this a correct synopsis of your situation? Or are you just not able to enter the information correctly in the submission form for the Mystery Cache?

Why start another thread on the same subject?

- Maybe a refresher, by going to Geocaching 101, will steer you to correct cache types.

I started another thread because although I am still having issues with this mystery cache in the making, it is a different problem than the 1st. I don't understand how there are so many geoarts out there with 60+ caches and I can't make one with only 17. How can one do so many within a 2 mile radius?

It maybe a different problem but it is still about the same GeoArt correct?

OK one last question on this one :-) And I really appreciate the expertise n my first mystery cache. I was told to only let the reviewer see the the the 2nd step of the 2 steps for each cache. By doing so , the question of the puzzle to be answered to get the coordinates won't show. It makes more sense to choose all but coordinates, yes?

OK one last question on this one :-) And I really appreciate the expertise n my first mystery cache. I was told to only let the reviewer see the the the 2nd step of the 2 steps for each cache. By doing so , the question of the puzzle to be answered to get the coordinates won't show. It makes more sense to choose all but coordinates, yes?

What are you trying to say?

I may help if you describe exactly what you've done so far.

I assume that you have 17 cache listings, and that 16 of them have published coordinates such that they are in the shape of a heart.

I also assume that the physical containers each contains a digit, which when put together will provide the coordinates of a 17th cache.

The 17th cache would have to be published as an unknown, and the physical cache only needs to be within 2 miles of the published coordinates of that cache. It doesn't matter where it's located relative to any of the other caches in the heart shape.

Are the 16 caches in the shape of a heart traditional or puzzle type caches? If they are puzzle caches, each would require some sort of question or puzzle to determine the final coordinates for each of the containers. That question can just be in the description for each of the 16 caches. The "puzzle" for the 17th cache would be finding each of the 16 caches in the geoart which would contain a number used to derive the coordinates for the container of the 17th cache.

Is that what you're trying to do?

How are you trying to enter the question to be answered that it doesn't show on the cache page, but only shows as some part of the Final stage? Sorry, but this just doesn't make sense.

Ok, for each mystery cache listing , they first ask you for the final stage cords, then a first. The final Is the actual placed cache and the 1st is bogus. The bogus stage does not offer you to place a discription so you are having to put the description in with the final stage . With that being said, you are then given choices to 1) post for all to see 2) post all but coords and 3) only reviewer to see and not to post that stage. Whew LOL friends tell me choice should be #3.

Ok, for each mystery cache listing , they first ask you for the final stage cords, then a first. The final Is the actual placed cache and the 1st is bogus. The bogus stage does not offer you to place a discription so you are having to put the description in with the final stage . With that being said, you are then given choices to 1) post for all to see 2) post all but coords and 3) only reviewer to see and not to post that stage. Whew LOL friends tell me choice should be #3.

Why are you insisting on putting the question in the description of the stages? Why don't you just put it in the main description section on the cache page like everyone else does?