KOREA Roll Call!

New Yorker

Hello,

Nice to see you again.

I've just heard Korea Roll Call. That's why I write this message.

I've been caching here since October of '08, too.

When i started here, there were 500 hidden caches, now almost 2,000 hidden caches.

See you this weekend, the Tea Time event in Seoul.

Hi :laughing: there.. !

Nice to meet you and everyone in here ..

My Geocaching ID is shinyred (꿋꿋하게 in www.geocaching.co.kr)

I'm in songpa-gu, Seoul

I've been caching since December last year.

I'm just Newbie but I feel like friendly when i caching.

I hope that many cacher add to me with friend and relation between us !

:D

Edited by shinyred

Hi, NYer

This is a generalred.

대구 이벤트에서 만나게 되어 정말 반가웠습니다.

노심초사 사랑하는 한국의 캐싱을 위해 노력하시는 모습에

아주 많은 감동을 받고 살아가는 홍의입니다.

항상 건강하시고 좋은 일이 가득한 행복한 가정을 이루어 가시길...

안녕하세요, everyone! Just started a week ago - I've been in country off and on for 11 of the past 20 years. Good way to see Korea.

Cool we hope you can make it to the upcoming events.

(GC1ZHD9) Mohang Beach with Camping

(GC1Z9YR) Jirisan, Top 10 Sceneries Project

(GC1Y7NH) Colorful Daegu 2009

We will be back in the states for the upcoming two but will be back for Colorful Daegu 2009 (we are the hosts). :D

Hey there. There is a moderate chance I will be in Seoul on business (staying near Olympic Stadium) in April and, as flight work out, I'll end up with a free day before my meetings the day before. I was hoping to go to Panmunjon, but looks like there are no tours there on the Monday. To wit, I will have a free day to explore Seoul and want to pick up at least a few caches while I'm over there.

Any suggestions for a good cluster of caches to pick up? I'll probably grab the ones by Olympic Stadium on morning walks before meetings, but I've never been to Korea and do want to spend most of my time that day recovering from the flight and seeing a few of the museums/sites, but do also want to grab at least three or four or five while I'm in country. Any comments appreciated!

Hey there. There is a moderate chance I will be in Seoul on business (staying near Olympic Stadium) in April and, as flight work out, I'll end up with a free day before my meetings the day before. I was hoping to go to Panmunjon, but looks like there are no tours there on the Monday. To wit, I will have a free day to explore Seoul and want to pick up at least a few caches while I'm over there.

Any suggestions for a good cluster of caches to pick up? I'll probably grab the ones by Olympic Stadium on morning walks before meetings, but I've never been to Korea and do want to spend most of my time that day recovering from the flight and seeing a few of the museums/sites, but do also want to grab at least three or four or five while I'm in country. Any comments appreciated!

Hi,

I am in exactly the same boat and will only have 1 day to fit in as much as I could. I should be there around the 22nd March.

I really would also appreciate some comments from the locals and perhaps get a quick chance to meet some fellow cachers

Thank you

Hi,

I am in exactly the same boat and will only have 1 day to fit in as much as I could. I should be there around the 22nd March.

I really would also appreciate some comments from the locals and perhaps get a quick chance to meet some fellow cachers

Thank you

Let us know when you arrive. I know of local cachers that will be willing to cache with you or any other cachers coming to Korea.

Cheers!

NY'er

오늘은 비가 주룩주룩 하염없이 계~속하여 내리네요?..

북한산성 입구와 원당역쪽을 가려하였는데....차동차는 이용하지않고 저렴한 대중교통과 나의 두-다리를이용하여 가려했는데..ㅉㅉㅉ 지난번에 하루종일 북한산에서 비를맞으며 9개를FTF할때에 고생을해서..부담이 컷었기에....오늘은 사양하기로..함!

Edited by dts113

Hi,

Thank you

Let us know when you arrive. I know of local cachers that will be willing to cache with you or any other cachers coming to Korea.

Cheers!

NY'er

Wow, what a great offer! I have a free Monday (all day) on April 12, and a free morning, until about 1PM on Friday, April 16 (my flight is out about 6PM from Inchon). It's my first trip to Korea, so I do want to hit a few sites and buy a couple of souviniers for the kids. I'm staying at COEX, so I should be able to do some trinket shopping there during my conference. Don't know how that plays with work schedules, but it would fun to grab a few caches and lunch or dinner. This is subject to the demands of the trip a bit, but would be awesome.

And, of course, if any Korean geocacher wants to get some Geocoins or TBs to the United States, I'd be delighted to get the back to various places in Northern California.

Thanks so much guys. I will post soon on my time of arrival. If anyone wans to send some coins or bugs to South Africa I will be happy to take them. I would like to drop one as well,

See ya soon

Thanks so much guys. I will post soon on my time of arrival. If anyone wans to send some coins or bugs to South Africa I will be happy to take them. I would like to drop one as well,

See ya soon

OK So I finaly know when I will be there. I will be in Seoul on the 16th and will be leaving on the 20th. If anyone wants to contact me please feel free to do so. I would love to met some guys. I will be staying close to the Gangnum station area.

See ya soon

OK So I finaly know when I will be there. I will be in Seoul on the 16th and will be leaving on the 20th. If anyone wants to contact me please feel free to do so. I would love to met some guys. I will be staying close to the Gangnum station area.

I would like to join you but I am in Daegu about 3 hours south of you. There are cachers in your area. You might try and post a message at their forum at the Geocaching Korea Site

See ya soon

I would like to join you but I am in Daegu about 3 hours south of you. There are cachers in your area. You might try and post a message at their forum at the Geocaching Korea Site

Three hours isn't too far, is it? Of course that does translate into 8 caching hours.

See ya soon

Three hours isn't too far, is it? Of course that does translate into 8 caching hours.

Bingo!

Hey everyone! I will be back in Korea this summer mostly in the western part of the Jeollonam-do (last time I was stuck on Wando for 2 weeks) province and up in Seoul for a week or 2. Are there any caches that I can't miss?! Thanks!

There's plenty of caches throughout Korea (over 3,000 & counting). We hope to see you in upcoming events.

There's also a FB Group at this LINK.

I am going to be visiting Suwon City the last week of May. Are there any quick caches it that area? Also, if anyone would like to trade some Geocoins or Travel Bugs please let me know. I get in I think it will be Tuesday when I get there leaving on Thursday.

Another question -- I am relatively new to using a handheld GPS. I have a Garmin etrex Venture HC. It does not have an SD slot. How would I go about getting and using maps for Korea?

Thanks! Hope to meet some new cachers in my travels.

I am going to be visiting Suwon City the last week of May. Are there any quick caches it that area? Also, if anyone would like to trade some Geocoins or Travel Bugs please let me know. I get in I think it will be Tuesday when I get there leaving on Thursday.

Another question -- I am relatively new to using a handheld GPS. I have a Garmin etrex Venture HC. It does not have an SD slot. How would I go about getting and using maps for Korea?

Thanks! Hope to meet some new cachers in my travels.

Hey Boiler - might be able to help you out with maps - going to talk to my buddy in the morning about how to get them to you. Keep an eye on this thread.

Cool - I will check daily. Thanks for helping.

Sorry Todd - kinda got distracted and didn't follow through - give me a call at 010-6487-3009 - Suwon isn't that far away - I can spin up there Sunday or Monday about dinner time to help you out. Do you have particular areas in mind for maps or do you want the whole country?

Edited by 22shoeless

The equipment we are running off is delayed a week. I will be going to Korea June 2-4, now. I was just looking for maps around Suwon City. I have very limited time. Thanks to my other travel buddies. If you can meet at my hotel then we can swap bugs and coins. I will PM you as we get closer and I know my plans don't get changed again. Thanks!

The equipment we are running off is delayed a week. I will be going to Korea June 2-4, now. I was just looking for maps around Suwon City. I have very limited time. Thanks to my other travel buddies. If you can meet at my hotel then we can swap bugs and coins. I will PM you as we get closer and I know my plans don't get changed again. Thanks!

Alright - sent you an email regarding getting the map to you before you leave in that case. My buddy says he can transfer that map to you fairly easily. Map is just short of 2GB of data but covers from just north of Seoul south to Cheongju and in the west from Incheon to Wonju in the east, so will easily cover your interests.

Looks like my plans have been set and now is very limited in time. Thanks to my travelling partners. ;) I arrive June 2 late afternoon and leave June 4 early afternoon. Most likely will not have time to geocache due to many planned activities. If anyone is interested in trading some travel bugs let me know. I do have two travel bugs that want to go to Asia. I can leave at the front desk at my hotel in Suwon City. Please send me an email if interested.

Thanks,

Boiler-Todd

We've been caching here since February of '08.

Who else is caching in the "Land of Morning Calm"?

Don't get on the forums often.

My wife and I are in the city of Cheonju, about 20 miles south of Pyeongtek and Osan. We both teach English in the public schools here, and will soon mark our second anniversary of arriving in Korea. We plan to be here several more years.

We both cache, attend events when they jive with our schedule, and now trying to increase the cache population. I have about 45 caches placed from the DMZ to Mokpo. Hope to get a few more out on Jejudo in a few weeks.

Always glad to meet new geocachers, whether Koreans, expatriates, or visitors.

LeffertsFamily Dad, arrived at Osan on 9 Sept 10. Was looking at some of the surrounding caches. If I were back in the states, I'd have been out and about already, but I'm not brave enough to head off base on my own yet (especially on foot with no car). If there are any other cachers on Osan, I'd love to get off base.

Welcome to Korea!

At this time there's 3660 Caches in Korea (a pretty large increase from the 209 that were here when I arrived in Feb of 2008)

Here are some caches near you

There are active local cachers in the Osan and Pyongtaek areas. You can contact them via there profile listed on their cache page. I live in Daegu and travel monthly to Seoul.

Hope to see you in future events and on the trails.....

Cheers!

LeffertsFamily Dad, arrived at Osan on 9 Sept 10. Was looking at some of the surrounding caches. If I were back in the states, I'd have been out and about already, but I'm not brave enough to head off base on my own yet (especially on foot with no car). If there are any other cachers on Osan, I'd love to get off base.

Contact me on the site. I live just off base and placed several caches in the area over the past year.

We've been caching here since February of '08.

Who else is caching in the "Land of Morning Calm"?

Hello,

I am one of Korean cachers in Seoul.

I have geocached from 2009, and now around 300 founds.

I know this forum before, but I heard here is very important for international communications form NewYorker.

I am not good at English, but will try to visit everyday and write. and persuade Korean geocachers to appear this forum. But if you can read some of Korean, please visit http://www.geocachingkorea.com, where almost all the Korean geocachers gather.

Min,