GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS

EScout

I looked and did not find a topic specifically related to trading coins. Some other topics moved towards people posting trade info. I have made 2 trades by mail with other Cachers for coins and figure there should be a spot where others can list their wants, needs and offers.

Anyway, here is the first post with my listing:

Have several California coins, new, unregistered, never in the wild.

Have one Washington State coin, also unregistered.

Want to trade for: other state coins (that are not "owned" and not registered with the expectation that they be moved to another cache.)

Email me with your offer or post here.

Thank you.

I have extra California coins to trade....(brand new not registered at all)

I also have extra Canada coins that are also new.

I have the following in my collection:

Texas

Washington

West Tennessee

California

Canada

USA Geocoin

I'd like to trade for any other coins that are out there.

THANKS

Kiltsurfer

Edited by kiltsurfer

I have extra Alabama, Washington state, and West Tennessee coins to trade. They are all new and unactivated. I would be interested to trade for anything not listed below.

Alabama

Washington

West Tennessee

Michigan

Oregon

California

Kentucky

Conejo Cachers

Green Man

The Joy of Geocaching

Canada

I've set up a trade for a Pennsylvania coin! I still have new and unactivated Alabama, Washington and West Tennessee coins to trade for anything that I don't already have.

My collection:

Alabama

Washington

West Tennessee

Michigan

California

Oregon

Kentucky

Pennsylvania (on the way)

USA Geocoin

Canada

Conejo Cachers

Green Man

The Joy of Geocaching

Edited by hammerjane
I've set up a trade for a Pennsylvania coin! I still have new and unactivated Alabama, Washington and West Tennessee coins to trade for anything that I don't already have.

My collection:

Alabama

Washington

West Tennessee

Michigan

California

Oregon

Kentucky

Pennsylvania (on the way)

USA Geocoin 2005

Canada

Conejo Cachers

Green Man

The Joy of Geocaching

Hammerjane:

Must be a 2004 USA Geocoin in your collection as the 2005 USA Geocoins haven't been released yet. :blink:

Always interested in trades for my MRCOGEO GeoTokens.

I love trading for GeoCoins, wooden nickels and homemade GeoTokens. So if its round, square, slightly round or a polygon and fits in the palm of your hand and has your Geo-Sig alias on it, I'd love to trade for it.

mrcogeotoken_small_real.gif } Plastic with Gold Stamping - 1.5" dia x .15" thick (like a poker chip)

Looking for California, Texas, Idaho coins.

Can trade Washington now, Colorado/Calgary after they ship (date unknown), and WestTn (after they arrive in a couple/few days). Reasonable $$$ also fine.

Idaho coins are still a couple weeks from delivery. I'll have a few for trade when they get here.

Also keep your eyes out for Oregon coin version 2. We will probably be redesigning them for the spring 2005 run.

Will you post a thread about them in the NW forums, or will you only advertise them on the Oregon or PDX sites?

I will post a thread on the NW forum as well as the EVC forum. However I suspect that the Oregon and PDX forums will be a bit more active in the design phase simply because that is where most of us hang out...

I have unregistered California geocoins that I'd be interested in trading for geocoins that I do not currently have. If you'd like to trade, you can reply here but it probably makes more sense in this case to just email me directly via the site.

The coins I have are: 2003 USA, 2004 USA, Canada, ckayaks, vacman, GOWT, Oregon, Washington, Conejo, and Waypoint 15.

- David

NurseDave showed me his collection. He probably has the largest collection of trade items there is!! Hes' got photos by category; coins, cards, buttons, signature items. I'm very impressed with it.

I could have sworn I sent him a signature item. I'll have to do that.

Might make a good article in Today's Cacher. Show some of the larger collections, maybe provide the links as a sort of guide to what's out there. I use Dave's and Fisur's sites as a reference.

So my question is: Is the trafficking of ill-gotten blackmarket geocoins something I should have to learn to accept from you guys?

Thanks for painting blame with a broad brush, and for doing it with a bogus account to boot.

I would say that it shouldn't surprise you, regardless of how many finds someone has. I recently had a traveling USA geocoin reported missing by the last people that had it. I have no way of knowing if they decided to keep it or really lost it, but in any case it didn't surprise me. Same goes for the yellow jeep travel bugs and other potentially collectible and/or valuable items. Trade items and regular TBs get swiped regularly, so it's no shock that geocoins do as well.

If something is meant to keep moving, I won't keep it, but there are a *lot* of people that play by their own rules and morals. Sorry that it sounds like your coin got swiped. I say you should have someone local to the person in question take a peek at their collection and see if your coin is in it, and if so go public with their name as someone who stole your coin and then lied to you about losing it.

So my question is: Is the trafficking of ill-gotten blackmarket geocoins something I should have to learn to accept from you guys?

I'm a guy are you talking to me? :o

I paid for most of my coins and swapped for others. Got a big box full of them waiting for the future.

It isn't fair, but I have said in the forums before that realistically (human nature being what it is) I wouldn't expect a coin to move very far. TBs are for traveling and coins are better viewed as cool trade items.

It's a shame that not everyone can play fair. Most people post either "keep this coin moving" or "feel free to keep it".

If it doesn't directly say you should keep a coin it should keep moving.

The saddest things is Geocoins and Jeep Travel Bugs are like two dollar bills. For some reason people think that $2 bill and geocoins are actually worth more than what they are actually worth.

If Geocoins were actually "worth" collecting for besides the 'neato' or 'cool' factor they would be selling all over E-bay for crazy prices.

Edited by Eric K

OK, so back on topic I have an update on my original post. I am interested in trading for coins I do not already have.

The coins I have are: 2003 USA, 2004 USA, Canada, ckayaks, vacman, GOWT, Oregon, Washington, Conejo, Waypoint 15, Green Man, and Joy of Geocaching.

Coins I have available for trade are: California, Conejo, Washington, GOWT, ckayaks, vacman.