Printable list of waypoints from bookmarks?

tzulah

After reading several of the posts here, I see that we are geocaching in a very old-fashioned way. However, that's the best we can do for now and we are loving it! I find it awfully tedious however to click on each geocache, scribble down the geocache name and co-ordinates, hit back, then click on the next list item.... I just want to print a list of names and co-ordinates. I finally figured out how to make a bookmark list of all the geocaches in a particular area and print a screenshot of the map page, so I can see a map, but I still have to label each geocache to match my hand-written list. We don't have cellphones or fancy GPS devices with data plans so we geocache with a paper notebook and a bunch of co-ordinates (and next time, at least a map of the area with geocaches marked on them).

I can download my bookmarks to a file, but it is a .loc file, presumably great if you can put it on a gps device but I just want to print it out (without all the xml tags). Is there an easy way?

Thanks everyone! We are still a bit new to geocaching but loving it so far!

After reading several of the posts here, I see that we are geocaching in a very old-fashioned way. However, that's the best we can do for now and we are loving it! I find it awfully tedious however to click on each geocache, scribble down the geocache name and co-ordinates, hit back, then click on the next list item.... I just want to print a list of names and co-ordinates. I finally figured out how to make a bookmark list of all the geocaches in a particular area and print a screenshot of the map page, so I can see a map, but I still have to label each geocache to match my hand-written list. We don't have cellphones or fancy GPS devices with data plans so we geocache with a paper notebook and a bunch of co-ordinates (and next time, at least a map of the area with geocaches marked on them).

I can download my bookmarks to a file, but it is a .loc file, presumably great if you can put it on a gps device but I just want to print it out (without all the xml tags). Is there an easy way?

Thanks everyone! We are still a bit new to geocaching but loving it so far!

When you are out in the great outdoors, what device are you using to find the location of the coordinates that you are looking for, since they are not marked on the ground in plain sight? Or are you just using the maps to navigate to the cache area?