Upload .GPX files to Nuvi 2995?

BerkshirePaws

You might regret that. Depending on the model placing them onthe device creates them as favorites and you have to delete them one at a time (time consuming with a p1 of a 1000) or all favorites including ones you want to keep. Garmin has a POI loader that will load them and third party products like gsak will also handle that.

I remember watching a giants game years ago deleting all those favorites.

You know, I do remember using the POI loader years ago. Don't remember trying to remove POI's. I was hoping I could just load the .GPX file to the 2995 as I do with my Oregon but it won't let me write (though it will let me delete the GPX/Archive files, go figure). The reason I wanted this was so I could see the caches as I'm driving, get me in the area and then switch to the Oregon. Thanks for the heads up.

The reason I wanted this was so I could see the caches as I'm driving, get me in the area and then switch to the Oregon.

I put routable street maps on the Oregon (the Garmin "City Navigator® North America NT" SD card), and the Oregon fits in a spot on my dashboard. But it's nowhere near as suitable for car navigation as the Nuvi is.

If I'm visiting an unfamiliar area, especially if it's a park where I'll hike to the caches, I select a cache on the Geocaching map, or sometimes a parking waypoint. I load just that one GPX file. It's much simpler to delete later.

Edited by kunarion