Pocket queries with Window 8

CachingKaryn

Hi I am getting frustrated. I have a new computer with windows 8 and a Explorist GC. When I try to download pocket querie and put it in my Explorist GC it says insert a disk in Magellgan. I have no idea what to do!! I'm going away tomorrow and want to geocache. Please help!!! I downloaded neew software update for Explorist but no help!!

I'm not sure what is happening there. When you plug the GC in does it appear in Windows Explorer (or My Computer) as a drive with a drive letter? If so you can then just drag and drop the two PQ files into the appropriate directories:

xxxx.gpx into the Geocaches directory

xxxx-wpts.gpx into the Waypoints directory.

I've written an easy to understand guide on doing Pocket Queries and transferring them to a Magellan device. Lots of screen shots. It uses Windows 7 but it's the same for Windows 8. You can download it from the Paperless geocaching page on my resource site. You may also be interested in a review I wrote about the GC which explains a lot of the features. That's on the Home Page of the site.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website