Is this event stacking?

ArtieD

Hey, folks...question.

I know there's this rule about event stacking...so many events per day, especially around Megas, etc., but how about this...?

We have been hosting a semi-regular meet and greet dinner/breakfast event just after midnight at a 24-hour chain restaurant. Someone suggested having dinner at one spot late at night, and then a bit later, after midnight, having dessert at another spot.

So, would it be possible to have an event in two different spots on two different days, but one separated by an hour or so?

I think that would be considered "stacking" in my area. The general litmus test that applies to situations like this is, "...are the Events intended for the same group of cachers?"

I've seen other considerations come into play. Different focus on the two Events (sometimes seen with geocoin Events), and a meet and greet before/after a CITO Event, but separated by an hour or two, around the midnight hour, doesn't sound sufficiently different to me. YMMV.

The steer we got from the UK reviewers was:

Events closer to each other than 20 miles will only be published if the end time of the first is more 10 hours before the start time of the next.

So the day doesn't matter, it they're within 20 miles and 10 hours of each other will fall foul of the Event Stacking rule.

Of course we all know different areas interpret/implement the rules differently, so the only way to know for certain is for you to contact your local reviewer as it will be them who gets to press the Yes/No buttons on the events.