Including more logs in Pocket Queries

marvin_gardens

This posting is aimed at the Lackeys.

(If its been asked or discussed to death, then delete this thread. I've haven't been on this forum for a long time, and I have no desire to read 8+ years of topics.)

Since the discussion forum for User Insights are locked, I'll ask here. Two years ago you asked for feedback on what improvements we would like to see with PQs (actually GPX, but it takes a PQ to generate a GPX file). What became of it?

Can you Lackeys seriously consider changing the number of logs in a PQ from 5 to 10 or 15? I can't see it being a major effort since you're not changing the structure of the GPX file or PQ, just including more logs. Even better would be to add a field on the PQ setup page to select number of logs. Have a default setting of 5 for backward compatibility.

When I can't find a cache, I go through the logs in my GPSr for hints and it sucks when there are only five and one of the logs makes a reference to a another log that helped them, or last 5 logs were two word logs.

I have no desire to start using GSAK to accomplish this. Having GSAK running on my machine updating every cache in my local database, most of which I won't visit in the next week or let alone the next month doesn't seem the most efficient use of my or GS's resources. Do you guys have any statistics on the interactions between GSAK and your servers? Maybe this will help to alleviate this.

Thanks for listening. Flame suit on.

(actually GPX, but it takes a PQ to generate a GPX file)

A Premium Member can download a GPX directly from a cache page, (see the GPX download link in the gray coords pane) and that will come with the last 20 logs.

I mention this as perhaps you're not aware of it.

(A while back I was working on getting a bunch of D 4.5 caches. I identified them by PQ, but then individually downloaded GPX for those that I was going to try, because I figured I'd want/need those logs.)

Edited by Isonzo Karst