Multicache

Brewsterfamily

And the problem is: You are about to reveal a SPOILER* for the cache... :o

Can I suggest you remove (Edit) the answer you have so far, in your first post?

* When you sign up, you agree not to post spoilers... (Without the permission of the cache owner)

Only trying to ask for help for our first multi ?

And the problem is: You are about to reveal a SPOILER* for the cache... :o

Can I suggest you remove (Edit) the answer you have so far, in your first post?

* When you sign up, you agree not to post spoilers... (Without the permission of the cache owner)

Only trying to ask for help for our first multi ?

I understand what you are trying to do. However, if you are having a problem on a particular cache your first recourse should be to contact the cache owner. If that doesn't work, and keep in mind the CO could be busy or on vacation, then the second option would be do contact a previous finder. The last option is to ask in a public forum and if you do, you are to make the question generic and change and cache specific details.

In this specific case the CO hasn't logged in since last November 2014 and has only 19 finds, the last in October 2013 so the CO is probably not active in caching any longer.

Hi,

So sad, thought this might be the place to help my kid out guess not.

If you're still around at all:

People are trying to help you, but need to do it within the limits of the geocaching guidelines. The only thing that you did that caused an issue was to post the information that you had decoded--was it? All you needed to delete was that part of the post (as B&R asked you to.) Did you think that someone was going to respond with the precise information that you needed? It is unlikely that many people here in the forum know precisely what you needed--I certainly don't. If you hadn't gone away so abruptly, you would have seen that you would be guided to the people who do know--the cache owner and/or previous finders.