My first find

Raven355

Hey to anyone reading this, my very first post!

Today, I found my very first cachet and I had to say something about the container. The capsule allowed some moisture to get inside and the small roll of paper was damp. I unrolled the paper and let it dry a bit in the sun before I re rolled it and placed it back into the capsule. I don't know if it wasn't tightened all the way or just the type of container and our florida humidity that allowed moisture inside.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I had fun, got some exercise, fresh air and I'm looking forward to my next hunt! And, I'm excited about hiding one of my own!

That is great!!! My wife and I just recently started(last weekend)LOL. We have 9 finds and 2 DNF, I have already mapped our next adventure out for my next day off. We even began assembling items to create a bag of supplies that we may need. I have been scouring this forum for about a week now looking for all and any information I can. they say knowledge is power.

The adventure I mentioned was the Henry's Itty Bitty Mini Power Trail(IBMPT) in Alabama, there is ten Cache along a 5 mile stretch of road.

Good luck in future hunts!!!

Hey to anyone reading this, my very first post!

Today, I found my very first cachet and I had to say something about the container. The capsule allowed some moisture to get inside and the small roll of paper was damp. I unrolled the paper and let it dry a bit in the sun before I re rolled it and placed it back into the capsule. I don't know if it wasn't tightened all the way or just the type of container and our florida humidity that allowed moisture inside.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I had fun, got some exercise, fresh air and I'm looking forward to my next hunt! And, I'm excited about hiding one of my own!

Thank you for taking the time to allow the log to dry. Nice of you.

Reasons could be a combination of both. :)

Have fun and cache safe.