Post Geocaching Conspiracies

What if Groundspeak is actually a government agency that is searching for evidence of alien spacecraft crash landing on Earth? They encourage millions of average people to go hunting through dense forests and rough terrain, then scan the online logs for the ones that read: "Found the cache, and this other strange shard of metal that glowed green when we touched it..."

What if Groundspeak is actually a government agency that is searching for evidence of alien spacecraft crash landing on Earth? They encourage millions of average people to go hunting through dense forests and rough terrain, then scan the online logs for the ones that read: "Found the cache, and this other strange shard of metal that glowed green when we touched it..."

That might be be true if aliens crash landed in parking lots.

That might be be true if aliens crash landed in parking lots.

... and managed to stuff shards of strange metal into the film pot behind the guard rail.

Geocaching, that check-in game that I'm not sure can be named but involves a certain number of regular quadrilaterals, that QR code scanning geolocation game that shall not be named, even that mostly food related thing that sounds like a dog in pain, it's all controlled by the NSA, and created to make you voluntarily report your location to them at all times.

That's funny, but what if the intro app was intended to flood the site with Muggles With Apps, so that more people would buy premium memberships? :ph34r:

From the 7 Souvenirs of August FAQ

I have the Geocaching Intro app and I can only see traditional geocache types. How can I participate?

You can earn the Explorer souvenir by logging a Traditional geocache in the Intro app. You’ll then be able to see this souvenir in your Trophy Case, which is mobile-friendly. To earn the other souvenirs and unlock the special 7th one, you can use the website or upgrade to the Geocaching Pro app.

If there are little digital stickers that you can only see if you use the website or upgrade to the Pro app, then the Muggles With Apps become Geocaching Pros :surprise:

Or some other conspiracy about Groundspeak being a business and doing something to generate income, but worded all conspiracy-y.

Geocaching, that check-in game that I'm not sure can be named but involves a certain number of regular quadrilaterals, that QR code scanning geolocation game that shall not be named, even that mostly food related thing that sounds like a dog in pain, it's all controlled by the NSA, and created to make you voluntarily report your location to them at all times.

The one with bird noises and the my-face one too. All social media tends to enable people who you don't necessarily want to know about your where-abouts to know about your where-abouts.

I kind of like the Geocaching-tracker. If I look something up on my phone, it will automatically show on the website on my "Recently Viewed Caches" list. Sometimes I don't plan my geocaching adventure and get myself out in the woods where nobody knows I am; I will text my husband, but signal is spotty so he might not get it. My husband can go on the website, logged onto my account, and see what general area I probably am based on the geocaches I recently viewed.

That's funny, but what if the intro app was intended to flood the site with Muggles With Apps, so that more people would buy premium memberships? :ph34r:

From the 7 Souvenirs of August FAQ

I have the Geocaching Intro app and I can only see traditional geocache types. How can I participate?

You can earn the Explorer souvenir by logging a Traditional geocache in the Intro app. You’ll then be able to see this souvenir in your Trophy Case, which is mobile-friendly. To earn the other souvenirs and unlock the special 7th one, you can use the website or upgrade to the Geocaching Pro app.

If there are little digital stickers that you can only see if you use the website or upgrade to the Pro app, then the Muggles With Apps become Geocaching Pros :surprise:

Or some other conspiracy about Groundspeak being a business and doing something to generate income, but worded all conspiracy-y.

And how many will think they are getting the Pro app, but find they are Premium Members, and still can't see the other caches on their basic app?!!

Unfortunately the scheme backfired, because they are actually encouraging people to hunt for film canisters stuffed in guardrails and monotonous numbers-based power trails...

The government does not need to use geocaching since caches like my own Nagadraconis might show that they already have the evidence - or then again . . . I guess I'll have to ask Aura Raines.

It is true that Groundspeak might be encouraging visits to Brazil for some strange reason having to do with Apes. And I am not sure what to make of the Groundspeak fleet of black helicopters that are sometimes seen hovering around caches. And platinum members remain a mystery.

All I know is that those who rely on the intro app will never learn the secret hand signals that allow people to share the secret stuff. Repetitive trails seem more in keeping with indoctrination than liberation. And while Groundspeak might have something to do with the global crisis and shortages of film containers, at this point we can only speculate. It's hard to know where things fit in the grand scheme of things. I suppose They want it that way.

Edited by geodarts

The government does not need to use geocaching since caches like my own Nagadraconis might show that they already have the evidence - or then again . . . I guess I'll have to ask Aura Raines.

Here is further evidence on one of my caches.

Unfortunately the scheme backfired, because they are actually encouraging people to hunt for film canisters stuffed in guardrails and monotonous numbers-based power trails...

Well, at least we've very thoroughly determined that there really aren't any crashed UFOs in the Nevada desert...

All I know is that those who rely on the intro app will never learn the secret hand signals that allow people to share the secret stuff.

What, this one?

93d1af1c-a796-4968-b8be-58598f0616c4.jpg