Finding events?

90Wanderlusts

Hi, one way is to go to "Hide and Seek" Scroll down to other search options and click "advanced search options" Search for "all event type caches" pop in your postcode and then it should list any events which are happening in the near future close to you.

Under "Your Account Details"

http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx

the "Email Preferences" section includes a setting to receive the weekly newsletter. That's how I find out about upcoming events.

Well, that and a local forum that isn't affiliated with geocaching.com. We organize "unevents" in the forum too. Those are (typically smaller) events that are not listed on geocaching.com.

What is the easiest way to find an event cache in your area? We have never done one and would like to attend one. Is there a way to get notified if one is coming in your area soon? Any other advise on an event would be greatly apprecitated... Thanks.

1.) Hide & Seek page, Find A Geocache: choose your state/province. Events and Mega Events are listed first.

2.) Your profile page: http://www.geocaching.com/my/default.aspx

Scroll down to the "Search options" section, "List newest in xxx". Again, the events and mega-events are listed first.

3.) Subscribe to the weekly newsletter: go to "Your account details": http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx

Scroll down to "Your Validated Email Addresses", click "change" in the top right corner. Make sure the "weekly newsletter" is ticked, then click "save changes".

B.

We do it via notifications as a premium member, which I see you are as well.

On your profile page click "member features".

Scroll down to "Instant Log Notification Feature" and click on "Instant-Notify"

Then set up a notification for any event cache that is published in what ever diameter from you zip code that you chose. Then anytime an event is published in your area you will receive an email notification. I hope this helps with what you are looking for.

We do it via notifications as a premium member, which I see you are as well.

On your profile page click "member features".

Scroll down to "Instant Log Notification Feature" and click on "Instant-Notify"

Then set up a notification for any event cache that is published in what ever diameter from you zip code that you chose. Then anytime an event is published in your area you will receive an email notification. I hope this helps with what you are looking for.

But note that this method is limited to 49.997 miles (or so), so if you want to go further out you will need multiple notifications.