Average time for a Cache To Be Published

"Each cache that is submitted to Geocaching.com is reviewed by a volunteer to ensure that the cache meets the Geocaching Listing Guidelines. It may take up to seven days for the volunteer to contact you and make your cache live on the web site. Sometimes the volunteer will need to work with you to fine-tune the listing so it can be published. We kindly ask for your patience during this review process, especially on weekends when site traffic can be high." https://www.geocaching.com/guide/

Looking at your own past hides, I'd say the average in your area is about 1.5 days. That's consistent with another sample I did several weeks ago for the hides of another geocacher in your state.

The cache you submitted for review on May 2nd is properly positioned in the review queue. Note that there's a listing guidelines issue (an "additional logging requirement"); submissions with issues typically take a bit longer for both the initial review and for total time from submission to publication.

I doubt there is an average. And it would be essentially meaningless in any case.

Cache submission are nearly always read within 7 days of being submitted. In many places, first reading by reviewer within 2 days.

But time of submitted to publish?

A large percentage of caches on first read through:

need coordinate updates (coords clearly wrong),

nothing useful in the original reviewer note, I need info

too near existing cache

listing language changes (restaurant recommendations #1 reason here, but others - for instance, must post photo, must email me)

need permits or permission

How long before these get fixed, edited, Submitted for Review again and get read again, and get published? highly variable. Some percentage never do,

how do you average that?

My latest cache was submitted for review at 07:52. It was the last thing I did before going to bed that morning. I woke up to see it was published at 08:12 that same morning. So, total time from when it was submitted to published was 20 minutes. That's highly unusual (at least for me), as most of my caches have probably averaged about 3-5 days to get published.

I once had a cache approved within 15 minutes. Usually it was within 48 hours. At least once it took about a week to straighten out some issues, including an appeal. Once I submitted a cache that never got published; it was too close to a multi final that had moved since I previously found said multi and proximity blanketed the nearby area. I still need to pick up that cache container; I keep hoping the multi will get archived. :P

As a follow-up, I see that the OP's pending cache was reviewed yesterday (i.e., two days after submission). That's well within average, and way below the seven-day service standard for an initial review. The vast majority of new caches are reviewed way earlier than seven days after submission.

Hopefully the OP's cache will be published soon! Enjoy the logs.

As a follow-up, I see that the OP's pending cache was reviewed yesterday

I notice the OP corrected the problem, and answered the reviewers other question, but forgot to re-enable the listing. Your reviewer said "You can re-enable your listing when you're ready for me to take another look." Until you do that, your reviewer won't see your answer. There's even a helpful link at the end of your reviewer's log that tells you how to re-enable your listing. :)

Well, we had one reviewer who only published caches on Thursdays. But that was years ago.

Had one that took three weeks. The reviewer eloped! Again a long time ago.

Had one that I was helping my sister get listed that I had in the 'enabled' mode whilst editing. Whilst I was still editing, I received a note from the reviewer that the coords were wrong. I was using NJ coords, not Maine coords! So that one took 45 seconds.

I have not hidden any caches in a while, but I find the current crew to be very timely. A day or two at most! Of course, sometimes they post questions, which takes longer. "Do you really expect anyone to solve that puzzle???" "Well, it is a 5* difficulty." Or: "A 1* terrain require the wheel-chair available attribute." "Okay. Will do."

I find the current crew of reviewers to be excellent.