Garmin Dakota 10 and Windows 10

Purchased new computer running windows 10 with Microsoft Edge. Hooked up my Garmin Dakota 10 and attempted to download some caches. Got a popup stating Edge Does Not Support this Plugin. So I looked to see what was needed for the plugin in to work. The Garmin stated it requires a PC running Windows XP or later operating system. I spoke with someone else who suggested I try a different internet explorer. I now have tried Windows internet explorer full version not Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. I get the same popup that they do not support the latest plugin from Garmin. I cannot change my operating system and my Dakota 10 is only 3 years old and I cant get a newer model right now plus I don't want too, it works fine.

Has anyone else have this problem or a suggestion on what I can do?

Thanks

Fuzziebuddy

{Debbie)

Purchased new computer running windows 10 with Microsoft Edge. Hooked up my Garmin Dakota 10 and attempted to download some caches. Got a popup stating Edge Does Not Support this Plugin. So I looked to see what was needed for the plugin in to work. The Garmin stated it requires a PC running Windows XP or later operating system. I spoke with someone else who suggested I try a different internet explorer. I now have tried Windows internet explorer full version not Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. I get the same popup that they do not support the latest plugin from Garmin. I cannot change my operating system and my Dakota 10 is only 3 years old and I cant get a newer model right now plus I don't want too, it works fine.

Has anyone else have this problem or a suggestion on what I can do?

Thanks

Fuzziebuddy

{Debbie)

Web browsers are dropping support for Garmin Communicator and other plug-ins that use similar methods.

On a cache page, click the “GPX File” button (basic members must use the “LOC waypoint file” button). Save the file in the /Garmim/GPX folder of the GPS receiver. This does what the Communicator does, except that you have more control over the files. You'll place unzipped Pocket Queries in a similar way, and they're a better solution for most cachers than loading one cache at a time.

If you'd prefer a lot of extra work keeping Garmin Communicator functioning, get familiar with how to do that, and remember that it tends to require adjusting technical settings on the computer and special downloads, that you may get it working today and not tomorrow, that it may work for now in another browser, that it's fine for some people while you can't even get it to work, or that you'll just plain need to keep fixing it at times:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=334207&view=findpost&p=5538114