Trackables - Returning coins

MallorysMagic

Hello all,

I was a very keen cacher in 2014 & collected many coins with the intension of placing them on a trip abroad. However, unfortunately, my life took a very bad turn. I've been very unwell & had the rug pulled out from beneath me. Geocaching was something I always actively did with my partner & as that ended, I was too unwell to do it alone. I did ask on here a while ago if someone could collect the contents of my inventory and move them on as I know how frustrating it must be for the coin owners.

Good news, I had surgery almost 4 weeks ago & my new partner treated me to a week away, being the active & motivated guy he is, he found himself bored in the Cotswolds, lots of lovely views but after 2 days of walking up huge hills, I was wiped out for the count & suddenly a light came on in my head. I asked him of he fancied geocaching, he hadn't heard of it before.

So, I downloaded the app, bought the subscription & did a few caches in the local area to see what he thought... and... he's fixated, he absolutely loved it, so we picked up a few more trackables as he was keen to find some (just what I need, more coins) but he's already talking about making his own caches & trackables etc.

Yesterday, I arrived home @ today I have regained some energy. Now, to the point, I have an inventory of trackables & want to place them asap. My question is, should I place them in premium caches only?

I apologise in my delay of caching @ to you very frustrated coin owners, I can assure you they'll be placed this week :)

My question is, should I place them in premium caches only?

Welcome back!

No, they don't have to be placed in Premium Member Only caches...

However, do take care to try to place them in caches that wont be found 'by accident' by non-cachers.

(Or even by youngsters with an 'App' who may take the treasure for themselves, and not know how to play the game correctly.)

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Curious, did you ever give up the many trackables from a year ago?

If not, guess I don't understand why you'd grab even more...

Might be a good idea for now, to place them in caches with a terrain of at least 2 (kinda keeps 'em away from the weekend kids), and get them out of your inventory as soon as possible. :)

Last April, there was a person who needed one of those trackables to complete a cache (with it's coordinates) when you went under xeminiix.

Good luck.

Any cache large enough is fine, being a premium member (and having access to pmo caches) doesn't mean the person's more knowledgable or respectful of the hobby, or other's possessions. :)

I don't if you read my post or not but as stated above, I have yet to place the coins from a year ago. I collected more as I was in the Cotswolds & wanted to show my boyfriend. I am aware that someone needed that coin as I've read through past comments etc & like I have stated in my post, all coins will be put in caches this week.

I would also like to add that I have personally messaged the frustrated owners & caches looking for certain coins etc with an apology. As I understand manys frustration, I cannot help the life events that took place, my health comes first before anything & I was not in the position to place these items in my inventory, I do not have to answer to anybody as to why I have completed more caches & retrieved more trackables, as I didn't take my inventory contents with me away I didn't place any. As I've said before, I am placing them this week & along with some of my own. Thank you

I would also like to add that I have personally messaged the frustrated owners & caches looking for certain coins etc with an apology. As I understand manys frustration, I cannot help the life events that took place, my health comes first before anything & I was not in the position to place these items in my inventory, I do not have to answer to anybody as to why I have completed more caches & retrieved more trackables, as I didn't take my inventory contents with me away I didn't place any. As I've said before, I am placing them this week & along with some of my own. Thank you

Take good care of yourself.

+1

+1

+2

Are there any events coming up near where you live? Could you drop them in at one of those? or is there a local cacher that's going to the North Wales Mega in a few weeks who could help you by collecting them and taking them to the mega? Or Piratemania? Hope you are feeling better now. I'm up nr Manchester if I can help at all. :)

+1

+2

Thank you all?

As someone who had cancer and had to take a year off from all life activities to do treatment, I can understand completely how frustrating it is to NOT be able to tend to work, let alone hobbies! I applaud you for attempting to contact the coin owners and I'm glad you are on the mend and getting back out there. I only just re-joined life outdoors about a year ago so I know it can be hard to get back in the groove! Attending an event (as one user suggested) might be a good way for you and your boyfriend to really jump back into the sport and dispersed all the coins in the quickest way possible to ensure they travel along ASAP now that you are on the road to being healthy. Prayers to you that you remain that way!

Might be a good idea for now, to place them in caches with a terrain of at least 2 (kinda keeps 'em away from the weekend kids), and get them out of your inventory as soon as possible. :)

Last April, there was a person who needed one of those trackables to complete a cache (with it's coordinates) when you went under xeminiix.

Good luck.

Any cache large enough is fine, being a premium member (and having access to pmo caches) doesn't mean the person's more knowledgable or respectful of the hobby, or other's possessions. :)

I am not sure what is meant by weekend kids. This is something that we do with our kids, who get VERY excited to move trackables onward, who do NOT keep them, and who get incredibly saddened by the game when caches with supposed trackables are missing. Just saying that not all weekend kids are disrespectful or eneducated how to geocache. I believe they are different than passersby by who happen to find an ill-placed cache.

Good luck.

I am not sure what is meant by weekend kids. This is something that we do with our kids, who get VERY excited to move trackables onward, who do NOT keep them, and who get incredibly saddened by the game when caches with supposed trackables are missing. Just saying that not all weekend kids are disrespectful or eneducated how to geocache. I believe they are different than passersby by who happen to find an ill-placed cache.

You're being too sensitive.

I believe most know by now what the "free muggle app", and "weekend kids" refer to here, in the forums.

Kids mostly, who download a free app, and hit other people's property (caches) with no knowledge of the hobby at all.

They leave obscene log notes in the cache log and online, take trackables as the prize in this "game", if they don't just remove the entire container with it's contents out of play.

- That's not the same as kids caching with Mom and/or Dad on a weekend...