Uploads toGarmin Nuvi not working

About 2 years ago, I used to use Pilotsnipes Macro with GSAK to upload caches to my nuvi 255.

I have not used my nuvi for 2 years, and need to use it again now.

I can't seem to find pilotsnipes on the net anywhere, and have read many forums which indicate its not available.

From what I can gather, we can now just use GSAK directly, by going to GPS > SEND WAYPOINTS. (as per http://atlanticgeocaching.com/index.php/2012-03-05-22-43-59/articles-a-tutorials/8-how-to-upload-waypoints-with-gsak)

I have added my nuvi to GSAK, and none of the points get uploaded - GSAK does not give any message if it was successful or not, although the loading does seem to finish successfully.

Could this be because my GPS is full of waypoints from my last trip? Does it not delete them and replace them with the new ones?

Any advice on how to upload the caches, or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Thanks, although I am sure it used to delete old caches, but perhaps my memory is fading!

Anyone know how to delete caches from a nuvi?

Different Nuvis have different menus. I don't have a 255, so I'll speak generically. Look for a My Data icon, it should be in the main menu or the setup menu. If you have it, it should allow you to delete all or some of your caches. If not, you can delete them one at a time. From the Where To list, tap the cache name. Instead of tapping Go, tap the white square with the cache name. There should be an option to delete from that screen. You can delete all of the caches (and everything else) by re-setting the unit. Make sure that you delete all of the GPX files, or they will be reloaded when the unit starts back up.

I suspect you loaded the geocaches into your nuvi as Custom POI's using Garmin's POI Loader Program. If that is the case there are two ways to delete them. The simplest way is to plug your nuvi into the computer in Mass Storage mode, go to the \Garmin\POI folder and delete the file(s) that end with .gpi. The other way is to run POI Loader again and select the option to remove existing custom POI's

About 2 years ago, I used to use Pilotsnipes Macro with GSAK to upload caches to my nuvi 255.

I have not used my nuvi for 2 years, and need to use it again now.

I can't seem to find pilotsnipes on the net anywhere, and have read many forums which indicate its not available.

From what I can gather, we can now just use GSAK directly, by going to GPS > SEND WAYPOINTS. (as per http://atlanticgeocaching.com/index.php/2012-03-05-22-43-59/articles-a-tutorials/8-how-to-upload-waypoints-with-gsak)

I have added my nuvi to GSAK, and none of the points get uploaded - GSAK does not give any message if it was successful or not, although the loading does seem to finish successfully.

Could this be because my GPS is full of waypoints from my last trip? Does it not delete them and replace them with the new ones?

Any advice on how to upload the caches, or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!