Problems with Garmin Etrex Venture turning off

goldfishy

:( After turning on my GPS, I enter the waypoint I want to go to. A short bit later, almost always after I've left my car, and am on a good way to the cache, my GPS just cuts out?! This is maddening! :mad: I also feel it could be dangerous if I get in an area I am not familiar with! :unsure: I thought maybe it was time for new rechargeable batteries, but that didn't fix it. I have also cleared my tracks. I don't know what else to do, besides buy a new GPS, which I would rather not do. :(

My Etrex30 did a similar thing once, it turned out to be a corrupt .gpx file which I fixed by deleting all .gpx files (while plugged into my PC), power off and on, then download the .gpx files I wanted again and load it back onto the GPS - everything was fine after that.

I encountered that once too with my Oregon, but not likely the issue with the OP, since the eTrex Venture does not have a USB Mass Storage Class mode.

If it is the original eTrex Venture, it's a very old unit. Might be a hardware issue if the master reset doesn't fix it.