Oregon vs 64

So, after a day of caching where my iPhone jumped coordinates constantly while looking for a few caches, I decided to bite the bullet and get a gps. Looking at the Oregon 600 and the 64 worldwide. Anyone know which is easier to upload caches to? I assume they both use glosnass. Basically I am looking for an accurate, semi-easy to use, easy to load caches to,

For those who have experience with both, what did you prefer?

P.S. I am not new to using a god, but it's been a long time. I used to use a Delorme PN-40 and an etrex venture hc.

They work basically the same as far as uploading and have the same features. The difference is input method, buttons versus touch screen and screen size and resolution. Except the newest Oregon 7xx as it has features to allow field download through a phone or wifi.

Mostly it is a personal preference thing. YOU need to find a store and look at them in person.

Edited by Red90

I would recommend the Garmin 64s over the 64 if you go that route, the 64s has the electronic compass which will point always in the direction of the cache. The 64 will only point to the direction of the geocache while moving.

The Oregon 600 comes with an electronic compass, maybe the only downside is that it only comes with 1.5gb of internal memory so you might need a Micro-SD card for storage.

Both the 64 and Oregon 600 series are excellent for geocaching. If you plan on writing field notes using your GPSr unit, much easier to type on the Oregon vs the 64 series.

Like the poster said above me, it's a preference thing. Touch screen vs buttons.

You won't go wrong with either unit. Both are great.

How well does the touchscreen work with gloves?

While the Oregon 450/550 series and earlier had pressure-sensitive touch screens that worked fine with gloves, the 6xx and 7xx series have capacitive touch screens. That means that something with some electrical conductivity needs to be used to operate the touch screen. The human body is conductive so bare fingers work well, but the fabric of gloves generally isn't. Some places sell gloves with special conductive fabric used on the fingertips like in the picture below, or you can find some conductive thread and sew some of it into the fingertips of some gloves you already have.

51k68kDuNDL._SY355_.jpg