Premium Membership and Etrex 20

Would someone give me a "basic" answer on how the Premium Membership would benefit us using an Etrex 20 and how to set it all up for geocaching? Thanks!

The benefits of Premium Membership are listed here:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=5

I think the most frequent posted reasons for getting a Premium Membership are the Pocket Queries and Instant Notifications.

For me, it's the Bookmark Lists and Favorites.

How you would benefit is up to you and how you geocache.

I do believe that your etrex 20 is capable of paperless caching. Maybe that would interest you.

Paperless geocaching: With Geocaching Premium and a paperless geocaching compatible GPS device, you can view complete geocache descriptions, recent logs, and any hints provided on the geocache details page directly on your GPS device.

B.

The main benefit of a premium membership with a GPS is the ability to bring the cache description and recent logs with you on the device. The next most helpful feature are pocket queries, so that you're no longer adding your caches one at a time using the "send to GPS" feature. With pocket queries, load them in bulk up to 1000 at a time, or rather, 10,000 as you can run 10 of them in a day.

I see you're just getting started in geocaching.....if you think its an activity you will enjoy I highly recommend the Premium membership for the reasons already given....you can use the Pocket Querie for Caches Along A Route which will load caches along your planned route when traveling.

You may have noticed that your GPS unit came with a very basic map ( near worthless ).....Garmin makes a CITY Navigator map which shows detailed street views of the whole U.S. , I get it on a micro SD card ......put it in your unit and turn it on and you will have detailed maps.....an internet search will find you the best price on the City Nav. map.

Thanks for the help everyone. I tried several times to get the 30 day free trial but the computer kept stalling so I just went ahead and upgraded our membership to Premium; now we'll see how it goes. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use all the features! I'll look for some "getting started" for Premium.

If you are using Internet Explorer and you can't connect to Garmins site, I suspect the 'Compatibility Mode' problem.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=457

You can still get an extra 30 days extention... Try, either setting Compatibility Mode, or using Firefox as your web browser.