Phoenix Event

redsox2k4

Since I'm out in Phoenix on vacation and would like to meet other cachers in the area, I have created an event cache. It hasn't been approved yet, but I thought I'd let people know about the date and times at least.

Thursday June 23st from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm I'm holding an event in Sueno Park in Phoenix. This is near 43rd Avenue and Encanto. The cache page will have the coordinates. I will have special event caches set up. You will need to find one of them to log the event. It will have a log book. Coordinates for the special cache will be available at the event.

I will also be having a dash cache set up, where the first finder can keep the container and contents to create their own cache.

Edited by redsox2k4

They won't approve the event, because I haven't given at least 2 weeks notice. I'd still like to have the event and will be over there on Thursday from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm for those who would like to stop by.

I already bought some small prizes, so I'll have the event by myself if this doesn't work posting in the forums. Please get word out to those that are in the Phoenix area. I'm including the coordinates and cache description since I can't get the page to be viewable.

Schillings Return (Phoenix) GCPAMR

N 33° 28.323 W 112° 09.192

UTM: 12S E 392847 N 3704215

In honor of Curt Schilling returning to Arizona for some event (I didn't catch what it was on the news, just that he returned). This event is to swap Travel Bugs while I'm out here.

Since there are not many large caches to swap TB's at out here I thought I'd hold an event. I thought this would be a great way to meet other cachers out here too. Since I travel to Phoenix often, I'd like to meet other cachers that would like to go caching.

The event will take place in Sueno Park from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. To log the event, you will need to find the special event cache, coords to be released at the event. Plenty of parking can be found close by at N 33 28.294 W 112 09.185.

Feel free to bring pot luck Finger Food. There are tables. I be bringing some bags of chips. Please note if you are bringing any food in your Will Attend note. There are also charcoal grills if anyone wants to bring some charcoal and meat to grill.

There will also be a dash cache that the finder will get to keep the container and contents. Dash Cache will take place at approximately 7:00 pm.

Please support caching through this Rogue Event, LOL.

I even picked up supplies to hold a Poker Run with prizes.

Edited by redsox2k4

yes, yes, 4wheelingmirage, I know who I am. ;) But hey - being a mom kind of zonks your brain cells...and I have two!!!

So we had a fabulous time tonight at redsox2k4 (Mike's) impromptu cache event! It was a decent night for June, and we had loads of fun searching out the poker run caches. Unfortunately, lots of muggles, which interrupted our poker run (how dare they???), but we all had fun nonetheless! The 200 feet dash was awesome!

Enjoyed meeting Graldrich, AZCactus, and Team360!

Thanks again, Mike, for putting this together - oh, and my kids thank you for the prizes! Bailey isn't letting go of the rubber ducky, and William's busy putting his puzzle together even though I told him to go to bed!

Wonderful time had by the Roamin Rednecks!

As this was my first event cache (although it was “unofficial”) I had nothing to compare it to. I had a wonderful time, though, and won the 200 yard dash to win my first cache container to place! Now....to find a place to place it :-) It was great to meet some more fellow cachers, just wish there’d been more of you to meet!

Crystal

HinkleHouse