Cache Images

LadeBear68

I have a question regarding cache images. I have attempted to search this website to see if the question as been posted earlier but was unable to find anything. I enjoy looking at the pictures on cache pages, especially event pictures. However, when I go to the gallery to view pictures and attempt to enlarge them it takes me back to the individual post and then you enlarge them from there. Is there a way to keep the gallery pictures together when viewing them so that I don't have to go to each individual post?

I have a question regarding cache images.  I have attempted to search this website to see if the question as been posted earlier but was unable to find anything.  I enjoy looking at the pictures on cache pages, especially event pictures.  However, when I go to the gallery to view pictures and attempt to enlarge them it takes me back to the individual post and then you enlarge them from there.  Is there a way to keep the gallery pictures together when viewing them so that I don't have to go to each individual post?

Aren't you lucky!! At least, you are if you use the Firefox browser. :anitongue:

Just yesterday I uploaded my Gallery Enhancement Extension (also available as a Greasemonkey script), which makes a number of enhancements to any GC gallery page (including cache page, cache log, profile, benchmark, and travel bug galleries). All images are rendered in the intermediate 300 pixel width format, instead of the tiny thumbnails. The format is changed from 4-up to 2-up, so the page width remains about the same. To see an image in its original size, just click on it. It will be displayed in a new tab (or window). If you want to access an image's log, click the caption (it's now a link). The log will be displayed in a new tab (or window).

The script might even work in IE, with Turnabout installed. But I haven't tried it.

Doesn't work with Firefox 1.5 though.

The extension should be restricted from installing on anything greater than FF 1.0.x. It hasn't been tested with Deer Park yet (and won't be for some time). Except for a few Bleeding Edgers, the vast majority of people are using the current 1.0.7 release.

Edited by Prime Suspect

This isn't exactly on topic but I don't want to start another thread for a question. When I go to the map to display caches in a particular area I get a small box with an "x" in it. Not the mapquest map, but the one that displays all of the caches in a particular area. Is anyone else having the same problem?

This isn't exactly on topic but I don't want to start another thread for a question.  When I go to the map to display caches in a particular area I get a small box with an "x" in it.  Not the mapquest map, but the one that displays all of the caches in a particular area.  Is anyone else having the same problem?

I don't get an "x", but I do get a blank, white, empty map. (I tried it from a few different cache pages, all with the same result.)

its on the top of your window with file/edit/view,go, bookmarks

I see the tools menus but the Install user script option isn't there.

You have to have the actual script (not the link to the script) displayed in your browser before you can install it from the Tools menu.

And I'm assume that you do have the greasemonkey extention installed, for the version of the Firefox browser you're using.

Actually not. For once I'm busy at work and not just geocaching all day. I had the script up and the Install User script option still isn't showing up. I have 1.07. My wife is going to install the script manually tonight if she has time. I don't know what is going on...Thanks for all of your help. Prime Suspect, I don't know if you remember me but we met at a breakfast event in Arlington a few months ago. It was fun

If you're using FF 1.0.7, you should install the extension, rather than the script, because of the injection problem with Greasemonkey versions prior to 0.6.4. If you're using FF 1.5, and GM 0.6.4, you should use the script. I've added a better explanation of this to the script site.

Also, there is a known problem with various version of GM, where the script directory doesn't get created, or if you're upgrading, it doesn't get moved. See this entry on the Greaseblog.

Edited by Prime Suspect

Thanks very much for all of the help. Being ignorant of Greasemonkey, I didn't have it installed. i went to the GM site and tried to install it but it didn't work either. I then went to the FireFox extension page and installed GM from there. Success. I now have my choice of all of your neat scripts installed and using GC.com like never before.