Groundspeak Geocoin Policy
As of 3-4-09
1. The final design of each geocoin must be approved by Groundspeak prior to production. Designs must be family friendly and may not include modified versions of the geocaching.com logo.
2. Use of the geocaching.com logo is not required. However, if you wish to use the geocaching.com logo, the ‘circle r’ trademark symbol must appear as part of the logo.
3. All trackable coins must bear the text, “Trackable on Geocaching.com" or “Track on Geocaching.com”
1. Generally, Personal Geocoin codes will begin with “PC” prefix and will be named “Personal Geocoin”
2. If 50 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested.
3. If 50 codes or more are ordered, a custom icon may be ordered (details below).
3. If 50 codes or more are ordered for a geocaching event, a custom name may be requested, a custom icon may be ordered and the “EV” prefix may be requested.
4. If 1,000 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested, a custom icon may be ordered and a custom prefix may be requested.
5. A custom activation code may be requested for any series of 100 coins or more. The activation code must be the same for all coins in the series.
Custom Coin Icons:
1. Available for Geocaching organizations, associations, commercial coin groups and Personal Coins.
2. The cost for a custom icon to be associated with your coins is a one time fee of $150. The icon design will need to be supplied to us in GIF format (non-animated) in the following pixel sizes: 16x16 and 32x32
3. All icon submissions must be the property of the owner or used with the owners permission.
4. 50 code minimum order.
Custom Code Series:
1. Following the first order of 1,000 codes for a custom prefix series, future orders for the same custom prefix with a new icon only require a 100 code minimum.
Cost and Details:
1. The cost per tracking number is US$1.50 and can be paid via paypal or credit card.
2. There is a 50 code minimum purchase required (although custom prefixes require a 1,000 code minimum order).
3. Note that some of the coin manufacturers listed below have purchased blocks of PC and EV codes for resale in smaller quantities. These numbers may be split between coins but each individual coin design must be approved prior to production. (Special Note as of September 2008: it seems that most, if not all, of the geocoin manufacturers are no longer reselling smaller batches of codes. If we hear of any of them who are, I will include their info here).
4. Codes with corresponding activation codes will be emailed in a txt file although an excel file may also be requested.
5. It generally takes 5-10 days to process the coin tracking number order.
The following coin manufacturers are familiar with our geocoin policies and can assist you with other details. If you contact them, they can provide you with pricing and art samples.
Resellers only (These do not manufacture geocoins)
Selling Trackable Geocoins:
If you wish to sell your Trackable Geocoins for profit or otherwise, you may do so.
If your coin is non-trackable and bears the geocaching.com logo, it may NOT be sold unless specific written permission has been obtained from Groundspeak to sell the coin.
To Get Started:
1. Please send your coin design to (annie at Groundspeak.com) for review.
2. If you have chosen a coin manufacturer to produce your coins, please let us know which one you have chosen.
3. Please let us know the desired quantity, desired coin name and desired code prefix (if applicable)
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.
This post has been edited by Love: 22 May 2014 - 10:44 AM
Reason for edit: Update to the Approved Vendor List