I would be happy to help you with this. Since you have used your free unlocks, you would need to purchase the software that you want to have on your new unit. Please feel free to contact us should you have any further questions and we'll be glad to help you. Thank you for contacting Garmin.
As a longtime supporter of Garmin and someone that has owned (and upgraded) 6 high-end Garmin units (from handhelds to streetpilots to chartplotters) now, oh and yes I think I'd like to purchase a Nuvi 350, a 60CSX, and a Forerunner 305 just as a START for the new year. Hmm as I consult my crystal ball, I wonder what else is yet to come (note, none of this is factual in any way - just dreaming...):
* maybe a RINO 520/530 with expandable memory - the "x" gen model?
* uh, isn't everything going color - maybe my Forerunner 305 will be available with a color display in 3-4 months or less
* obviously the gpsmap476 (successor to the 276/376) with CF, SD or microSD memory must be right around the corner
* wait maybe a Nuvi 360 or is it the 400 that supports WMA music files and gives you Su Doku too!
* maybe garmin will finally bring out that astronomy product i suggested to them about 4 years ago - give me the night sky in my choice of color or red screen, integrate it with an electronic compass, automatically use my global position and the ecompass to determine exactly what's viewable overhead and present it as i look at the heavens my "starmap" shows me the names, the constellations, etc and even incorporate some degree of integration to modern telescopes...
I appreciate Garmin for their technical expertise and the obvious significant amount of money they spend on R&D but do they have to make such dadgum nice products????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So as I continue to support Garmin (because using their products makes me happy - "no I don't want that product... I need that product") with my hard-earned $$$ I sure would appreciate some flexibility in their software licensing. I know that there is little they can do since it's companies like Navteq and others that define the licensing model but Garmin, if you're listening... please push back on behalf of your customers...!
If I'm willing to send my GPS unit to you for 2-3 weeks so that you can ensure that that unit can never again run the "software" (then return it to me so I can sell it at a loss - of course, it's an electronics product!) why can't it be possible for you to migrate my licenses to that great new hardware that I just purchased from you?
It's not City Select or City Navigator so much that are the issue - I'm probably going to be re-purchasing that type of product with the new unit anyway. It's all those other locked products that you really only want to have to purchase once, not every year...
I'm probably the only person that feels this way...
Ranting and raving over. Now I need to rest. Have a nice day.