The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway

Go JayBee

Came up with this idea tonight..........

I know its not new...LFD (Lemon Fresh Dog) and others have eluded to it. All it takes is 6 coins to participate.

Here's the scheme: all you coin Owners out there get 3 coins to send to another cacher of your choice, for placing into caches (what a concept, hugh?)

Then, you give away the next 3 coins to the 1st 3 people that email you with a request....(previous recipipients of your coin are automatically disqualified).

So, I'll start off by offering my JayBee/LitLens Glowing Coin & The Go-mad-Cow Set....I've already made arrangements to send off the 3 coins of each for caches.

So, now is the time for the 3 requests....I will qualify the winners by time-stamps of their emails. The "subject" must include: "The Grand Experiment - Free Geocoin". That's it...simple as that.

Maybe we could even have a commemorative Coin made for the qualifying participants...DaMenace....you up for this? Something with "I Helped GeoCoins Survive 2006"? Limited Edition for the 1st 300?

Let's all try to get back to our "roots"....remember the "old days" when you used to "find" Geocoins in caches? Just say "no" to that "E-place".

Sounds interesting but I'm a little confused.

I see how for example I would send 3 coins for someone to place in a cache.

But I'm confused on what you mean by then you give away the next 3 to the next cacher.

Sorry for being so slow tonight. :unsure:

Its the 1st 3 people to email you with the correct subject........

But I'm confused on what you mean by then you give away the next 3 to the next cacher.

Sorry for being so slow tonight.  :unsure:

Sounds interesting but you know you'll get about 300 e-mails instead of 3. :-)

May be easier to do it someplace public but then again I'm still confused and need to go to bed.

If it's not just for personal coins and you would like some of the USA Geocoins involved I'd like to get in.

I also personally don't collect coins and do a lot of travelling so would be more than happy to actually place some in caches for you.

I think I see the concept:

3 coins to 1 cacher

-plus-

3 more cachers each get 1 coin to place

Interesting...

I think I see the concept:

3 coins to 1 cacher

-plus-

3 more cachers each get 1 coin to place

Interesting...

Ya.....you got it.....PDXMM..except the next 3 get to "keep" or "place" the coins....

edited for clarification...

Edited by Go JayBee

Doesn't "PassingWind" always come with a #2 ? :unsure:

Come on people....let place some geocoins!!

BTW. I just received my Gold LFD GeoBone & Redhanded Gecoins from LFD's last contest......now to find special cache to place one in!

PW

-MadCow.....grrrrr

Edited by PassingWind

Perfect timing for this, as I've been sitting here staring a few coins that just aren't moving from my desk. I think they deserve to feel the rush of freedom and the thrill of the wild.

But for clarification, and because my typing skills are apparently faster than my cognitive abilities...let's go over the plan one more time for turtle brains like me?

PS: I likes the glow...gotta get me some glow.

OK...It looks like

YemonLime is #1....

PassingWind is #2....

Who's gonna be #3?

So, whattya want? JayBee/LitLens or Go-mad-Cow?

There are 3 of each available........

Wow this sounds like fun, count me in but I need some clarifications as well.

You are gonna have to race with Yemon for the last "glow"....you sure you are not disqualified?

There are a total of six coins involved, they can be of any style,state,persona,trackable and so on.

I choose one person to send three coins to and they are required to place all three in a cache, correct?

I then accept the first three e-mails and send them a coin of my choice, now do they place it in a cache or do they keep it.

In my opinion there are enough coin collectors that if they get sent a package of three coins they should repeat the same process and the same for those that send e-mails.

I don't mind participating but I don't want people participating just to mooch a coin. Lets not kid ourselves there are $45 to $50 in coin involved with each process.

Edited by Damenace
We still have 3 coins to go.....1 Glowing Coin & 2 Go-mad-Cow sets.

No, its actually Sailor Jerry.....

Did you not get that I am in? Is there some kind of initiation that is involved to make it official? :unsure:

So, whattya want Glowing or G-m-C? Wait....you are disqualified..you already have both of these coins.

I know its not new...LFD (Lemon Fresh Dog) and others have eluded to it. All it takes is 6 coins to participate.

Here's the scheme: all you coin Owners out there get 3 coins to send to another cacher of your choice, for placing into caches (what a concept, hugh?)

Then, you give away the next 3 coins to the 1st 3 people that email you with a request....(previous recipipients of your coin are automatically disqualified).

So, I'll start off by offering my JayBee/LitLens Glowing Coin & The Go-mad-Cow Set....I've already made arrangements to send off the 3 coins of each for caches.

So, now is the time for the 3 requests....I will qualify the winners by time-stamps of their emails. The "subject" must include: "The Grand Experiment - Free Geocoin". That's it...simple as that.

Maybe we could even have a commemorative Coin made for the qualifying participants...DaMenace....you up for this? Something with "I Helped GeoCoins Survive 2006"? Limited Edition for the 1st 300?

Let's all try to get back to our "roots"....remember the "old days" when you used to "find" Geocoins in caches? Just say "no" to that "E-place".

I am all for having a coin minted to commemorate this effort. Here is what I recommend, if there is a way to keep track of the people that participated and when I say participated I mean sending six coins not just receiving a package or a coin by e-mailing. After all the point of this project is to get the coins backinto the wild correct?

If we can get at least 100 people participating then we will mint a coin and sell them only to those who participated. This will be one of the most sought after coins yet, because you have to complete a task to get one. I think there should only be enough coins minted to cover those who helped out. One per person and no traders.

I can feel the heat already, lets here it :unsure: .

Did you not get that I am in? Is there some kind of initiation that is involved to make it official? :unsure:

So, whattya want Glowing or G-m-C? Wait....you are disqualified..you already have both of these coins.

So you can only participate if you do not have the coin? YIKES, this game just disqualified me and many others :anibad: .

I am all for having a coin minted to commemorate this effort. Here is what I recommend, if there is a way to keep track of the people that participated and when I say participated I mean sending six coins not just receiving a package or a coin by e-mailing. After all the point of this project is to get the coins backinto the wild correct?

If we can get at least 100 people participating then we will mint a coin and sell them only to those who participated. This will be one of the most sought after coins yet, because you have to complete a task to get one. I think there should only be enough coins minted to cover those who helped out. One per person and no traders.

I do see what you are asking.....could we have some verification from the recipients...before the donors could be qualified? Let's see.. a secret handshake? I know, difficult to verify. We could have a double-ended code? Just some ideas..

So you can only participate if you do not have the coin? YIKES, this game just disqualified me and many others :anibad: .

Sorry.....the OP specifically stated that...........

I do see what you are asking.....could we have some verification from the recipients...before the donors could be qualified? Let's see.. a secret handshake? I know, difficult to verify. We could have a double-ended code? Just some ideas..

Could we set up a database, where the person participating has to enter who they sent the six coins two. It would be kind of an on your honor system but yet it would be viewed by all. If someones named showed up on the list and yet they didn't send the coins I would think someone would speak up.

I think this is a great way to get coins overseas.

Could we set up a database, where the person participating has to enter who they sent the six coins two. It would be kind of an on your honor system but yet it would be viewed by all. If someones named showed up on the list and yet they didn't send the coins I would think someone would speak up.

Sounds great to me.......Would you be willing to set this up?

Sorry.....the OP specifically stated that...........

OOPS, I see that now. So this brings up an interesting question. How do you know if they have the coin you are trying to send out? For instance I was going to send out some LE GAA coins, but I have no idea who has them and who doesn't.

Well here is the thing, I know my way around Excel. But I do nothave hte skills to do any kind of fancy database that would be some what automated. I think automation is the key to this. We will have to seek the knowledge of a database guru.

The other issue is where do we host it? I could put it on my personal web site but it is just the free space provided to me by Comcast. Depending on the traffic we may have problems.

Well here is the thing, I know my way around Excel. But I do nothave hte skills to do any kind of fancy database that would be some what automated. I think automation is the key to this. We will have to seek the knowledge of a database guru.

The other issue is where do we host it? I could put it on my personal web site but it is just the free space provided to me by Comcast. Depending on the traffic we may have problems.

Well,

The 3 coins to a cacher part is jus a 1 email verication....so thats easy.

Then we get to email 3 other cachers who have suposedly been notified that they are receiving a coin....this part is tricky...with delays in the Postal Service, etc.

More tomorrow

OOPS, I see that now. So this brings up an interesting question. How do you know if they have the coin you are trying to send out? For instance I was going to send out some LE GAA coins, but I have no idea who has them and who doesn't.

You need to keep track of that....don't you?

BTW: I did not get an LE of the GAA....wazzup wit dat?

You must have been snoozing when they went up for sale some months ago.

As for of keeping track of who has what coin, I still don't see how this is possible, suggestions?

Go to sleep....

I have an Excel Spreadsheet that I use...it works just fine.

Here's to Cpt Jerry.....Iyyyy Matey.

Sounds interesting but you know you'll get about 300 e-mails instead of 3. :-)

May be easier to do it someplace public but then again I'm still confused and need to go to bed.

If it's not just for personal coins and you would like some of the USA Geocoins involved I'd like to get in.

I also personally don't collect coins and do a lot of travelling so would be more than happy to actually place some in caches for you.

Make that offer to everyone...I've already got a cacher doing that for me.

USA Coins would be just fine for the Giveaway and cache placement........

Edited by Go JayBee

Alright, I was using the GAA as an example. I know I can get a list of those who bought, and yes I keep a humongous list of those who I have traded with and what I traded.

So, lets take this to the next level and use a coin that I didn't mint or have any affiliation with. Lets say a South Africa coin, or lets say I want to send one of my extra version two lighthouse coins, how would I know if the person has any of the coins I choose to release.

Am I missing something here?

I'm willing to participate, and I am offering up 2005 Washington state coins, the ones featuring the 25th anniversary of Mt St Helens.

I plan to send the 3 WA coins overseas.....but which country, hmmm. Private contacts with promises of cache placements welcome.

As for the 3 individual handouts, I do not have a list of WA coin owners, so i'm going with the honor system - let some newer cachers have a shot at these, folks. First 3 emails meeting the rules Go JayBee outlined will get 'em.

Abby