Garmin Gps 60csx Dont Work With Nroute

tolnep

i recently purchased a 60csx to replace a 60cs. thing is amazingly fast with satellite pickup, is amazing indoors. order of magnitude better it seems with finding satellites.

however, apparently older garmin units 'stream' their data and the new units have to be polled. which means i cannot use this unit attached to my laptop in a car with nroute for tracking and routing.. about 60 percent of my use of the 60cs was attached to a laptop in a car while driving. so this particular issue is a show stopper for me with this unit.

i have an email in to garmin, posted this weekend. hopping for some resolution to this problem..

anyone else have any info ?

just talked with garmin. the streaming functionality for garmin format (apparently it will stream NMEA out the serial port) was left out by mistake. garmin will fix the issue. but a change to nroute to make it 'poll' the device is one way it might be fixed. some people I know are using this unit and gpsgate and google maps. so that would not fix their problems.

but a fix is in the works. no eta.