Woodland Trust Permission

Well done Wombles! :blink::o:o

That's great news. There are a few sites near to me that I would like to place a cache in. I was going to contact them but saw your post a few weeks ago that said you were "in talks" with them.

I've read your linked post and will now do the necessaries :P

That's great. I sent loads of info on geocaching to their HQ last summer and was told they were investigating it. Then no replies to calls or emails! Would love to know if the permission came from my contact or another. Perhaps you could let me know through nmy profile.

Well done the Wombles!

The Woodland Trust approached the GAGB a few weeks ago in a very positive manner with this in mind.

Dave followed this up very promptly and now a workable agreement is in place.

So a big thank you to Dave from the Wombles and to Eric Porter the Woodland Officer who approached the GAGB in such a positive manner.

Cheers

Tony

Congratulations on getting this important permission.

Now, I have a friend who has a cache already on Woodland Trust ground. Should he (or she - could be a girl. Who's to say?) do the paperwork too, retrospectively? Should the cache be archived and then unarchived when/if it gets the ok? What would be the best course of action for someone in my friend's situation?

Now, I have a friend who has a cache already on Woodland Trust ground. Should he (or she - could be a girl. Who's to say?) do the paperwork too, retrospectively? Should the cache be archived and then unarchived when/if it gets the ok? What would be the best course of action for someone in my friend's situation?

I also have a friend who's recently adopted a cache on Woodland Trust ground. I expect that my friend will complete the permission forms and write a covering letter explaining that they don't know if the cache originally had permission, but would like to confirm / apply retrospectively as required.

I also have a friend who's recently adopted a cache on Woodland Trust ground. I expect that my friend will complete the permission forms and write a covering letter explaining that they don't know if the cache originally had permission, but would like to confirm / apply retrospectively as required.

I would agree that your friends should apply for permission for these locations.

Generally I find that landowners dislike discovering caches in situ so temporary suspension and removal of the cache would probably be appropriate. However, if the location is suitable and permission given then the existing cache and GCXXXX could be used.