Hard Reset On 60cx

Here is what Garmin Tech Supp told me to do -

------------

To do a hard reset on the 60cx, do the following: Hold down the following buttons, you should get the question to erase all user data.... Start off with the unit turned off and hold-

QUIT + MENU + ZOOM OUT + POWER

------------------

I've tried those buttons a dozen times and all I accomplish is to turn the unit on.

Is there some other secret?

Hold ENTR and PAGE while powering up to master reset the unit. Details on doing a hard reset can be found in this post. Yes, thats for the 60C, but it should be the same for the Cx units. Not sure what Garmin was smoking when they sent that.

Sputnik - Didn't try that. But, the 4 button thing worked.

It did remove all waypoints. Probably would have removed all tracks and routes too if I would have had any. It did not remove the Custom POI's nor the default map. All options were set back to factory defaults.

OK, got it figured out. Gotta hold all of them down for like 5 seconds or so.

That also fixed the problem I was having with MapSource not reading waypoints.

Did your hard reset help with the problem getting D's as you mentioned in other posts?

Geo -

No, It did not. #35 is still showing in the ESE as a hollow bar and no d's. When up in northern OKLA last week I did notice that #35 was showing lower on the horizon, also in the ESE.

I'm guessing but I don't think the 'x' series will show d's until they are receiving all the types of correction data. It may be the time corrections that 35 is not sending as I think that is positionally dependent. As I'm getting very good accuracy with my unit and as Garmin stated, it must be receiving some corrections data. But, what I don't understand is that the accuracy on mine seems to be the same with, or without, waas being enabled.

FYI - When up in OK in the deep woods trying to find my old surveyor stakes all my marked positions seem to be to within at least 2 meter actual accuracy. I marked several points along a 1 mile straight fence row and after plotting them they were all within 6' of the line. The marked position for the one surveyed bench mark up there was about 5' off. But, in this area, a benchmark could be off by that amount too. I don't think that old bench mark has ever been differently corrected. I was using an antenna on top of a 10' pole.

Also of note was that all my marked points consistently seemed to be south of the surveyed points. I was using the Trimble charts for best time of day and DOP. In the 3 days I was out, it was always between 3:00 & 6:00 pm so I was always seeing the same satellites in apprioximately the same positions.