Waymark Download

Nope.

I'm sure, or at least guessing, that it is high on the list of things to add

I know that OpinioNate and/or Bootron said a while back that they were looking to add a variation of Pocket Queries... so I assume that it goes in hand with LOC/GPX files.

;) The Blue Quasar

You can use GRABBER which is located at GRABBER and paste the URL of a Waymark page in... I tried it and it works

The only bad thing is I want a complete set of the ones in my area, and that isn't going to cut it since I don't want to spend hours collecting them. But thanks for letting me know I didn't miss something...

Nope.

I'm sure, or at least guessing, that it is high on the list of things to add

I know that OpinioNate and/or Bootron said a while back that they were looking to add a variation of Pocket Queries... so I assume that it goes in hand with LOC/GPX files.

:anibad: The Blue Quasar

You can use GRABBER which is located at GRABBER and paste the URL of a Waymark page in... I tried it and it works

fwiw, I think that just adding loc downloads would be enough for awhile. that would enable plotting on a (personal) map which would make me happy. even something as simple as checkboxes next to search results with a download checked items al .loc would do the trick. since .loc is already spec'd, there would be less work involved to do that.

fwiw, I think that just adding loc downloads would be enough for awhile. that would enable plotting on a (personal) map which would make me happy. even something as simple as checkboxes next to search results with a download checked items al .loc would do the trick. since .loc is already spec'd, there would be less work involved to do that.

just like benchmarks on GC.com

I am all for this for now too. It sure would make life easier. Good thing there are not to many in my area yet. I hope this is toward the top of the list.

The lack of the ability to download the waymarks is probably THE reason that more people that are currently playing in the geocaching world have not embraced Waymarking. Where is the ability to create pocket queries or even the ability to select several waymarks on the screen to grab and download. Please add this feature!

Groundspeaks focus on Waymarking at the moment is on making Waymarks - not finding them! That focus will change later when the database of waymarks created is more substantial I believe.

This is one good reason we haven't given downloads a high priority. Another big reason for the delay is that Sean is working on a fairly comprehensive redesign of the look and functionality of the basic site. Before we move on to any additional features we need to make sure the foundation is sturdy enough to support all the bells and whistles. I think you'll be happy we put it off once you see the changes (should be a couple months).

Is there any intent to list, similar to GeoCaching.com, the number of "finds" for logged visits for waypoints? It would be nice to have a little box, like the ones we have for our finds/placed caches, that listed numbers for waymarks found/posted (or identified, or whatever you call it when you post one on the website.) - Any chance of the counting of these being done with the upgrades when they come around?

Groundspeaks focus on Waymarking at the moment is on making Waymarks - not finding them! That focus will change later when the database of waymarks created is more substantial I believe.

This is one good reason we haven't given downloads a high priority. Another big reason for the delay is that Sean is working on a fairly comprehensive redesign of the look and functionality of the basic site. Before we move on to any additional features we need to make sure the foundation is sturdy enough to support all the bells and whistles. I think you'll be happy we put it off once you see the changes (should be a couple months).

Is there any intent to list, similar to GeoCaching.com, the number of "finds" for logged visits for waypoints? It would be nice to have a little box, like the ones we have for our finds/placed caches, that listed numbers for waymarks found/posted (or identified, or whatever you call it when you post one on the website.) - Any chance of the counting of these being done with the upgrades when they come around?

Are you talking about the Waymarks Visited tab in your Waymarking profile?

-Nate

Or are you talking about something like this:

waymark_stats_banner.gif

waymark_stats_banner.gif

you make that? i havent been on here in a week or so.....but i havent seen anything like this....just the 'banners'.

waymark_stats_banner.gif

you make that? i havent been on here in a week or so.....but i havent seen anything like this....just the 'banners'.

It's not real. I just faked an image to see if that's the type of thing FireRef had in mind when asking about a 'little box' with stats.