Is This Becoming Too Small?

So, we're a couple from Lisbon, Portugal and we love geocaching. We went to NY, USA to spend two weeks on December/05 and January/06. While we were there, we dropped one of our TB's named "Cruella's Dog". The second geocacher to pick it up, at a cache 3252mi away from our home, was macatac1961. A very experienced geocacher. :laughing:

Here's how it all spices up...

In March 2006, we went a little up North of Portugal, to Oporto. We decided to visit GCMA37 - The City Park (Oporto) and make this our 150th find. While looking for what to trade we were amazed to find this:

moedapormenor4td.jpg

moedalog5he.jpg

We immediately recognized the username! :laughing:

No, macatac1961 haven't visited Portugal, We think!

Probably, someone caught up one of his coins and dropped it over here.

Ain't this a very, very small world... :laughing:

yeah it is, I have an interesting little tidbit to add to this too, back in October, I moved my second TB across the state of MI about 120 miles. Well, time passed and I didn't think much of that bug again. Then the other day I was reading logs of some locals I know who only live 8 miles from me. Anyway they were in Tennessee at the moment, When I read one of their logs, they mentioned the bug Trippy Vibes. I thought the name was familiar so I looked back and sure enough, it's the same bug I moved across the state back in October!

What are the odds of cachers who only live about 8 miles from each other coming across the same travel bug months, different states, caches and hundreds of miles later like that?

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...04-23c6d4581676

Along the same lines, I live in Nashville TN but "own" some caches in Thibodaux, Louisiana where my mother lives. I visit quite frequently and she has a gc account, so she maintains them just doesn't want to own them.

In order to distract myself during the storm, I temp disabled the caches there and since quite a number of the caches had travel bugs in them sent a note to those owners indicating that I really didn't think the caches would survive the storm and would keep them posted on their travel bugs. Imagine to my surprise, that an owner of one of the TBs was a cacher that I knew here in Nashville! The TB had been picked up in Nashville and was placed in my cache as the second cache visited!

When Katrina took the turn NE (more toward New Orleans) my hometown was spared the brunt of damage and all of my caches survived to my surprise!