What Is Acceptable In Cache?

Ricfel

I am thinking about placing a cache on the property of my church. There is a place with a pretty nice view of the countryside. I'm wondering two things. First, is it acceptable to place a cache (with permission) on church grounds? (I've seen some in graveyards) And secondly would it be ok to place brochures with info about the church in the cache along with the usual trinkets?

As long as you have permission you can place a cache on private property.

As for the brochures, GC.com will not allow a cache that promotes an agenda.

I think you could place info. in the cache that details the history of this particular church,

but not any religious material.

As long as you have permission you can place a cache on private property.

As for the brochures, GC.com will not allow a cache that promotes an agenda.

I think you could place info. in the cache that details the history of this particular church,

but not any religious material.

Well said.

Yes, I to have found religious material in caches.

I think the problems arise when the cache is placed with the objective of promoting an agenda.

My personal opinion is that I prefer to keep this hobby free of all the agendas.

If we start making exceptions for one it won't be long till you can't find a cache without finding a commercial for the local church, school, club, etc. I don't think any promotional material is appropriate swag.