Cache classifier

Eliveras

This is some sort of follow up to the "cache attributes" icon discussion.

Observing myself, I do have certain 'needs' caches should satisfy. These needs will vary from time to time or from place to place. Classifying caches onto these 'needs' requires reading the description. Even then it might not become obvious, what a particular cache is meant for.

So what am I thinking of:

A radio buttoned general classification to be done by the person hiding the cache. These of course should be searchable in a PQ (e.g. Extremes@Home, Touristic@vacation).

These could be named for example:

- Touristic

- Hunt [stats caches]

- Nightout

- Extremes

- Lost places

Is this something which has already been raised and rejected (under another topic, which I was unable to find)?

If not, what do you think of that?

How would these general classes have to be named?

Which classes did I forget?

Of course you cannot classify everything, because it does not fit into just one or you feel it is something very different. In that case you just do not select this attribute.

Now that's the kind of cache ratings I like!

I am wondering if local groups are putting together public bookmarks to cover this type of thing. We have a local guy doing TB hotels, so there's no reason why there couldn't be Historical cache bookmarks, bookmarks for extended hike caches, etc.

I bet there are a bunch out there.

I still fall back on the ol' stand by of contacting a local hider and asking for recommendations. I have yet to meet a cacher who wasn't interested in giving their opinion on local caches.

Edited by BlueDeuce