Groundspeak Forums: explorist 210 currently contains no map - Groundspeak Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

explorist 210 currently contains no map error message on start up

#1 User is offline   gussyupmama 

• Tadpole
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:32 PM

When I power on explorist 210, the message UNIT CURRENTLY CONTAINS NO MAP! INITIATING MAP UPLOAD

This post has been edited by gussyupmama: 19 January 2007 - 06:32 PM

#2 User is offline   sledgehampster 

• Proud Charter Member but it says Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:37 PM

View Postgussyupmama, on Jan 19 2007, 09:32 PM, said:

When I power on explorist 210, the message UNIT CURRENTLY CONTAINS NO MAP! INITIATING MAP UPLOAD

Is it a new unit? If so I would call Magellan Tech support Monday AM and get an RMA!

#3 User is offline   FlagFinder 

• Geocacher

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:44 PM

get you money back thats what i would due but i guess u have more free memory but first try this on your gps hit menu, active map hit background map and see if the file basemap exists if not then send it in

#4 User is offline   embra 

• Often wrong, never in doubt
  • Group: +Charter Members

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:56 AM

If you can get the GPS hooked up to the PC in data transfer mode, you can download a basemap replacement from here. The trick may be getting it past the message you are seeing. There are some service functions listed on the same site that might help to that end.

I'd agree that if you can easily return or exchange it, that may be the best thing to do. Sending it to Magellan can eat up a couple weeks' time, so I would do that only if I had to.

#5 User is offline   gussyupmama 

• Tadpole

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:32 PM

View Postembra, on Jan 20 2007, 07:56 AM, said:

If you can get the GPS hooked up to the PC in data transfer mode, you can download a basemap replacement from here. The trick may be getting it past the message you are seeing. There are some service functions listed on the same site that might help to that end.

I'd agree that if you can easily return or exchange it, that may be the best thing to do. Sending it to Magellan can eat up a couple weeks' time, so I would do that only if I had to.

Thank you!!! That was the magic.

#6 User is offline   smike2 

• Tadpole

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:40 AM

View Postgussyupmama, on Jan 20 2007, 04:32 PM, said:

View Postembra, on Jan 20 2007, 07:56 AM, said:

Thank you!!! That was the magic.

This worked like a charm. Thank you for posting. Like others, I found Magellan support to be of no value. All they did was try to sell me a new unit.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic