Can I Save Tracks and POI's to my Memory Card?

I have a Garmin eTrex Legend CX GPS, beautiful litlle unit.

Is it at all possible to save routes, waypoints (POI's) and tracks to the expandable memory (micro SD card)?

I bought a micro SD memory card from a camera shop, and topo maps from my GPS dealer, loaded the maps on the SD card, no problem.

Sometimes I want to load longer routes than what the eTrex Legend CX internal memory can handle, or load more cach waypoints.

At the moment, my GPS only reads the maps that I loaded on the card, and not any routes or waypoints? Is it possible to utilise the memory card for more than just maps? Does Garmin restrict the option of saving tracks to the memory card as opposed to the internal memory, just to downrate this unit compared to other higher priced ones?

Am I just not using my pc software correctly?

I have downloaded the latest firmware update from the Garmin website.

I know that the memory card can be used as a basic USB storage device, but when I try and save routes or waypoints, my GPS doesn't pick them up from the external memory card.

Any help?

Any way to program this function into the GPS?

I have a Garmin eTrex Legend CX GPS, beautiful litlle unit.

Is it at all possible to save routes, waypoints (POI's) and tracks to the expandable memory (micro SD card)?

Saving them to the memory card and having the unit use them are two seperate issues.

Routes: you could put them there but the unit won't see them.

waypoints (poi): waypoints are not the same as POI. See below.

waypoints: you can save them to the card but the unit won't see them.

custom poi: you must save them to the card (with poiloader as already indicated) and the unit will see them there, perhaps dependedant on newish firmware.

tracks: you can tell the etrex cx line to save their tracks to the card, which it does in .gpx format. I do not think it can read them back from the unit.