Mapsend install error

When I try to load the Mapsend disks, I get this error message "Can't install drivers Error code-2". What does this mean and what can I do. I am not very computer savy so please be kind to this portly senior.

New Compaq Presario Notebook, running MS Vista, and using a Explorist XL if this is of any help. I tried Magellan and that was a waste of time.

Edited by bashnme

When I try to load the Mapsend disks, I get this error message "Can't install drivers Error code-2". What does this mean and what can I do. I am not very computer savy so please be kind to this portly senior.

New Compaq Presario Notebook, running MS Vista, and using a Explorist XL if this is of any help. I tried Magellan and that was a waste of time.

I'm having the EXACT same problem. would love to fixer it up though. let me know if you get an answer

I think you're looking at a Vista incompatibility. If you search the boards here, I believe you'll find some relevant discussions. I *think* the situation is that Magellan has not developed-nor apparently has any plans to develop--the Vista drivers. I think someone in a recent thread claimed to have developed a workaround, though.

the quick and dirty way around it is to run the install program in "compatability mode"

whe you insert the install disk, go into windows explorer, open the drive with the install disk on it.

right click on "setup.exe"

on the compatibility tab, click the check box and run it as "windows xp service pack 2" and it should install fine.

you may need to do the same with the actual mapsend exe once installed for it to work.

cheers,

marknamy

I was having the same problem in running Vista. In all fairness to Magellan, their softaware box does not say that it is compatible with Vista. I bought it anyway. The trick someone else suggested of installing in compability mode did the trick. I was up and running in 15 minutes. Very easy to do.