Canadian TB Race 2007-08

TheLegoFool&Missus

:rolleyes:

Good morning racers!

I was wondering if there would be anybody interested in participating in this year's Canadian TB race?

If there is enough interest, I will assemble rules and answer any questions that may arise.

- The only information I have at the current time is that we will have a start of the race in BC, and a finish back in BC.

- Each TB must cross Canada, one physical cache at a time (No Virtuals) in each province.

- Each TB must pass through only one Province per cacher.

More information coming with the interest growth.

Thanks,

DJMax of the Queens Borrowers.

Perhaps the trick to the race is not to have a specific destination in mind, but rather to:

1. have each participant TB have the same mission, first to complete the mission wins.

2. in the likely event that the mission is not completed, then total mileage or some other quantifiable criterion used to determine a winner on a specified date.

I think that sort of thing might assuage any doubt based on previous years.

Perhaps the trick to the race is not to have a specific destination in mind, but rather to:

1. have each participant TB have the same mission, first to complete the mission wins.

2. in the likely event that the mission is not completed, then total mileage or some other quantifiable criterion used to determine a winner on a specified date.

I think that sort of thing might assuage any doubt based on previous years.

I will incorporate these ideas into my research for the race details, and keep them in mind.

Thanks for the feedback.

Basic Rules:

1. TB’s can only move one province at a time, provinces must share a common geographic border.

2. Anyone MAY move any TB in the race. Owners are encouraged to request help from other cachers along the way in order to move their bugs faster, rather than attempting to slow down others.

3. First TB to reach the end cache, by stopping in each province, wins.

Rules are simple:

1. Start with a NEW unused TB tag.

2. Attach it to any WHEELED vehicle that you wish. (It MUST HAVE WHEELS TO ENTER).

Anyone interested in doing this like the Cannonball Race 2005, Third Annual?

Thanks to CBR2005 for the great idea!

Sounds fun will they start from same province ? East or west coast?

They will start from the West Coast, head East to Newfoundland, then return to the West to BC.

Hopefully clearing all provinces!

Check Points in Newfoundland.

Once your TB arrives at any of the above caches, it can begin its journey back.

Edited by Queens Borrowers

I think a idea for the police cars is if you release a police car from your own province then any time they meet a racer they get a point. Only no police in b.c. because to easy to get points at start of race B.c. racers can send police to other provinces For early release or have a release date of first racer to manitoba or ontario. Open to suggestions. :anitongue:

I wish there was more interest in this... I posted a link to this thread in the SaskCachers forum. Got my tag, ordered my vehicle. I'll be ready to send my vehicle off in earlyMay.

I think we're all hesitant since the previous two races never ended.

I wish there was more interest in this... I posted a link to this thread in the SaskCachers forum. Got my tag, ordered my vehicle. I'll be ready to send my vehicle off in earlyMay.

I think we're all hesitant since the previous two races never ended.

Yeah, I figured that. Sucks for relative newbies like me who would like to try this out. I was planning on making this TB someday anyway, but a race would be fun to watch. It will still start out sometime this summer if there is no race.

Lorianne in Saskatoon

Here is the rundown on the upcoming race.

Basic Rules:

1. TB’s can only move one province at a time, provinces must share a common geographic border.

- And what happens if one skips a province? They must return to the previous province before continuing to the next province...

2. Anyone MAY move any TB in the race. Owners are encouraged to request help from other cachers along the way in order to move their bugs faster, rather than attempting to slow down others.

3. First TB to reach the end cache, by stopping in each province, wins.

Rules are simple:

1. Start with a NEW unused TB tag.

2. Attach it to any WHEELED vehicle that you wish. (It MUST HAVE WHEELS TO ENTER).

They will start from the West Coast, head East to Newfoundland, then return to the West to BC.

Hopefully clearing all provinces!

Check Points in Newfoundland.

Once your TB arrives at any of the above caches, it can begin its journey back.

We will set up different stats...

Overall Racers

Canadian Racers

United States Racers

Australia Racers...

Provinces to cross....

-British Columbia

-Alberta

-Saskatchewan

-Manitoba

-Ontario

-Quebec

-Newfoundland

-New Brunswick

-PEI

-Nova Scotia

-Nunavut

-Northwest Territories

-Yukon Territory

You may release a police car as your traveler.

If you release a police car from your own province then any time they meet a racer they get a point.

Only no police in BC because to easy to get points at start of race.

BC racers can send police to other provinces for release.

The police cars will have their own Stats.

*** In the event that the race is not completed by June 2008, then total mileage or some other quantifiable criterion used to determine winner(s)

Hi -

I registered into the MSN group, but couldn't see anyone registered in there.

So I'm going to drop off my wheeled vehicle with a TB tag attached over at QB's house on Friday morning.

My fellow is a speedy little red car, with the words "Fire Dept." on it. Bodes well...

Is there any information on who is going to release all the TBs in the race, and how they are to be released?

Cheers -

Berkut

Hello? What's happening with the race? There hasn't been an update in 2.5 months. You've had my TB for 4 months... Any chance the race will be starting any time soon? If not then I'd prefer you to place it in a cache soon instead of participating in the race. Want to get my little LandCruiser on the road!

I am so sorry about the delay, I have had some serious family issues come up, and I haven't had the chance to get thngs rolling.

I have a couple of spots chosen to start the race, and I will keep everyone posted as soon as I can.

Again, so very sorry!

Marc

Hello? What's happening with the race? There hasn't been an update in 2.5 months. You've had my TB for 4 months... Any chance the race will be starting any time soon? If not then I'd prefer you to place it in a cache soon instead of participating in the race. Want to get my little LandCruiser on the road!

I am so sorry about the delay, I have had some serious family issues come up, and I haven't had the chance to get thngs rolling.

I have a couple of spots chosen to start the race, and I will keep everyone posted as soon as I can.

Again, so very sorry!

Marc

Hang on, wait for me !