Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Geocaching flyer for property owners

#1 User is offline   Spunkmeyer 

• Premium Member
  • Group: +Premium Members

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:55 AM

Was wondering if anyone has put something together to explain geocaching to property owners. Looking for something that basically says that geocaching is a safe and fun hobby of "regular" people and does not involve any sort of property damage. I've searched the forums and around the net and have seen a couple of fliers, but none are exactly what I'm looking for.

I live in an growning area with no caches. Unfortunately, there are no parks either but some great opportunities in a commercial area in the neighborhood.

I'm thinking something that includes the following -
+ briefly explains geocaching
+ demographic data on geocachers (haven't seen any myself)
+ clearly spell out that caches cannot be commercial in nature but that having a cache nearby or on property may increase traffic to their business

I'm almost sure something like this has been put together, but I haven't come across it yet.

#2 User is online   briansnat 

• Eight time US Geocacher of the Year
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:58 AM

Here is a good one

#3 User is offline   StarBrand 

• StarBrand - WNAG.NET
  • Group: +Charter Members

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:00 AM

The Geocacher-U brochure has worked well to explain Geocaching to several people including adjacent courious landowners, LEOs and general curious muggles.

#4 User is offline   Spunkmeyer 

• Premium Member

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

I'd looked at the GeocacherU brochure and was hoping there was something a little more oriented to educating/convincing a property owner to allow a cache on their property.

Granted the Geocacher U brochure does paint it with a good wholesome family flavor - how could a property owner not love that? :blink:

#5 User is offline   BRTango 

• Rusty Aluminum Charter Member

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:04 AM

Wait a minute now... I've been handing out this one "Hamstercaching"

No wonder so many land owners refuse to work with me!! :blink:

#6 User is offline   gravechaser 

• Premium Member

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

I've thought the same thing, Spunkmeyer. The Geocacher U brochure is fabulous for LEOs and introducing muggles to the sport. I just gave my last one to my dentist after he asked what the wad of papers was in my pocket! :)

It would be great if there were a second brochure geared toward explaining the "rules of ettiquette" for permission, hiding, etc. so the landowner could study it in more detail. I am going to hide a large container on some land we own but my brother-in-law, co-landowner, is balking so I'm having to constantly answer basic questions that could probably be put in a two sided brochure. I might write one up before long just to shut him up! :huh:

#7 User is offline   llatnek 

• Gonna Have to Face It; You're Addicted to Cache

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

View PostStarBrand, on Mar 26 2007, 09:00 AM, said:

The Geocacher-U brochure has worked well to explain Geocaching to several people including adjacent courious landowners, LEOs and general curious muggles.

I call it my "get-out-of-jail-free" card. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic