change username

anja4738

Yup,can't be done.I wanted to change mine and had to setup a new account.I'd suggest doing it as soon as possible before you have 100 some odd backlogs to change.Fourtunately for me I did it when I was at 7.You'll also have to adopt your own caches and TB's/Geocoins.This is all done through the reviewer that approved your caches.You'll have to backlog all your own finds.If you've got a premium membership they'll transfer that to your new username as well.

I'm relogging mine. It's not too bad. I emailed the cache owners that I logged, asking for their permission & giving them a heads up. They've been really nice. It only took me a few hours to relog. I would be done, but am still waiting for people to email me back.

Don't wait for a reply - go ahead and re-log them under the new account - just copy and past some extra text explaining the "new" log.

I'm relogging mine. It's not too bad. I emailed the cache owners that I logged, asking for their permission & giving them a heads up. They've been really nice. It only took me a few hours to relog. I would be done, but am still waiting for people to email me back.

Don't wait for a reply - go ahead and re-log them under the new account - just copy and past some extra text explaining the "new" log.

I'll wait a few more days. I prefer being nice giving them a heads up.

I've been thinking about splitting up our team into two other usernames since these two having been doing their own caches without the rest. Would the same process occur for backlogging all previous caches to both new usernames? We could easily split up our own hides between the two (easy since we currently only have three). Same with bugs and coins.

What about TB and coin finds since they need the tracking numbers to log finds. Or are they just lost on the new accounts?

Plus, can you still log on archived caches and events?

Thanks,

Team Gamsci

I've been thinking about splitting up our team into two other usernames since these two having been doing their own caches without the rest. Would the same process occur for backlogging all previous caches to both new usernames? We could easily split up our own hides between the two (easy since we currently only have three). Same with bugs and coins.

What about TB and coin finds since they need the tracking numbers to log finds. Or are they just lost on the new accounts?

Plus, can you still log on archived caches and events?

Thanks,

Team Gamsci

Yes, the new user accounts would have to each go and post new logs to the caches they found. And use the adopt page to divide up any caches and travelers.

I would suggest they add a little extra text at the end of the new log saying they've changed account names. Otherwise it can be very odd looking to see some account logging a bunch of finds that are dated before that account was created.

Yep. Unless someone on your team happens to remember all those serial numbers, those 'found' TBs are gone.

Unless the cache's page is locked (not archived, but locked, something an admin needs to do) you should still be able log it. Again, would suggest you include some text saying you've changed names/whatever.