How many geocachers does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

5 People to post pics of their own light bulbs

15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and their own light bulbs

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that George W. isn't the brightest bulb.

4 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

1 moderator to lock the light bulb thread.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Let's just save all this confusion.

Getcha an LED and you'll probably never have to change it in the first place!

LED are ruining the light bulb world. I think we should ban all LEDs. LED spew will be the death of all our fun.

:D;):D

Too good Mopar.

Thanks.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that George W. isn't the brightest bulb.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Me too!

Edit to add: In before the lock! (or moved thread) ;)

Edited by Clan Riffster

Me too!

Edit to add: In before the lock! (or moved thread) ;)

Me too.

IBL, that is. :D

I think it takes 2...

One to remove the bad bulb...

One to hold the new bulb in place with one hand, and then hold their gps in the other and calibrate their compass!

(Those that have never made fools of themselves calibrating a compass on a Garmin unit may not get this.) ;)

At least three people will post nothing but a :D ,

And one person (I won't name names) will post a ;) , followed by an icecream analogy.

And there's always at least one joker who has nothing constructive to add, other than a tongue-in-cheek joke that no one quotes and no one argues with.

You know if all of you would just get off your butts and go outside once in awhile none of this would matter would it! :cool:

Haven't you ever heard of the sun. :(

You guys spend so much time on the forums you've forgotten that there is world out there that does not need your stupid light bulbs! :(

LOSERS!!!

:(

Had to post the obligatory ironic idiot rant that every good thread needs.

You know if all of you would just get off your butts and go outside once in awhile none of this would matter would it! :cool:

Haven't you ever heard of the sun. :(

You guys spend so much time on the forums you've forgotten that there is world out there that does not need your stupid light bulbs! :(

LOSERS!!!

:(

Had to post the obligatory ironic idiot rant that every good thread needs.

Thank you. You supplied the much-needed missing element and now all is in perfect order, balance and coherence in the universe. Thank you.

I want to know if they had permission to put that bulb there to start with. I looks like a private socket to me, and the was nothing written about permission.

The guidelines only require adequate permission to replace a light bulb.

Yeah but is his adequate permission going the help me when I'm the one changing the bulb and maintenance man, who was not informed about the bulb, walks up and ask what I'm doing to his light fixture?

I want to know if they had permission to put that bulb there to start with. I looks like a private socket to me, and the was nothing written about permission.
Yeah but is his adequate permission going the help me when I'm the one changing the bulb and maintenance man, who was not informed about the bulb, walks up and ask what I'm doing to his light fixture?
No one is making you try to change every lightbulb. If you're not comfortable with one lightbulb, move on to the next one. There are plenty of lightbulbs for everybody.

This thread is really harshing my mellow, man.

Edited by sbell111

No one is making you try to change every lightbulb. If you're not comfortable with one lightbulb, move on to the next one. There are plenty of lightbulbs for everybody.

This thread is really harshing my mellow, man.

I shouldn't have to. If the person who installed the bulb to begin with had thought about before he just installed another fixture we wouldn't have this problem.

Dang some of these arguments can be made to fit any point your trying to make. :cool:

Was it a UNION bulb, only UNION members can install/change/unscrew/screw/touch UNION bulbs and ONLY with a special union light bulb change work order form filled out in triplicate with the presidents signature - the form myst be clearly posted while the bulb is being changed.

Edited by bogleman