Sept 11th Tribute Hike 2007

Last year Myself and a group of other Geocachers ( too many to LIst - but thank you all of you ) hiked to the GEOCACHE

" TOP OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTER"

as a Retired NYC Emergency Medical Technician Sept 11th will always hold a special meaning and memory for me. To have spent this day with such great people doing something I greatly enjoy meant so much to me.

In tribute to those great folks and to all those who lost their lives I would like to Hike to this cache once again

If anyone is interested please e-mail me. I will contact the folks from last year and hopefully we can hike this again.

Lat year I had hoped to Wear my uniform but I did not.

In the last year some health concerns and watching a few older movies, I have come to realize that Sept 11th has had a permanent impact upon my life.

THE UNIFORM has been RETIRED - the pins / Badge / and most of the patches now hang in a frame on my wall.

ANYONE interested in a MEMORIAL SEPT 11th HIKE please let me know.

Last year we began around 6 PM and returned to our vehicles around 9:30 PM

Let's make this an annual event and Hike to the top of Flag rock to pay our respects to those who GAVE ALL for their fellow man.

" All gave Some - Some gave All " --- Not my Quote but a good one.

Thank you -

Emergency Medical Tech. retired Damian Darcy N.Y. Badge # 246678

Edited by UTDARCY

Great idea!

In it's present form this post probably belongs in the proper regional forum since it sounds like this will mostly be locals hiking to a local cache.

Of course, if the discussion is expanded to include the idea of coordinating 9/11 hikes to memorial caches nationwide that would be a great idea and probably suited for this section of the forums.

Me, I'll be participating in a memorial motorcycle ride, but that doesn't actually happen on 9/11, so I still might be game for a hike on that day.