The Bloated Festering Head Of My First Victim

-Hawk-

It looks according to Ellylidan's maintenance post yesterday, that The Bloated Festering Head of My First Victim will be archived here soon.

I would like to see if we can get a group of us to go find it before it goes bye bye. If there are others that had previously found The Head, and would like to make a return visit to bid farewell, your more than welcome to come along.

I have a tight schedule, so I am looking at Sunday the 16th of September...not negotiable. If that date doesn't work for ya, you will have to have your own Head Huntin' Party.

I am not sure about the time to meet up, I was thinking mid to late morning...rain or shine!

Anyone interested???

I wonder why it's being archived? :)

I can't say for sure, but the cache itself is a tad mildewy and, from reading the logs, the logbook hasn't been changed since we visited it, and it needed changing then.

None of that mattered to us, really, though - it was all about a great time with some good friends.

I totally just wanted to post in this thread.

I wonder why it's being archived? :)

I can't say for sure, but the cache itself is a tad mildewy and, from reading the logs, the logbook hasn't been changed since we visited it, and it needed changing then.

None of that mattered to us, really, though - it was all about a great time with some good friends.

Thanks. I didn't look too far into the logs, that's too bad. I wish that it could just have some maintenance, rather than be archived, as it's on a lot of people's lists and is an icon. :D

I totally just wanted to post in this thread.

Me too. :o

that's too bad. I wish that it could just have some maintenance, rather than be archived, as it's on a lot of people's lists and is an icon. :o

My sentiments exactly...That is why I am trying to get together some cachers that haven't found it (or that have) to find this cache that has been on so many cachers "Must Do" list! I certainly hope that there ends up being a good turnout, as well as hope that the archiving can wait until then.

I sent out the word to some Oly cachers who have been wanting it. The original plan was to wait until October for the traditional spook hunt. And the swamp would have been at its driest point of the year. Looks like the plans need to be bumped up.

A real shame, this is such a special caching adventure. I'm stunned it would be archived.

After I get back from Cali and have a chance to look at schedules The Oly search crew will know more about when we can take on the beast.

September 16th also works for me (noting Hawk's post re: a group excursion to "the head"). I'd say we can get 3 to 5 people from Olympia area that want to go AND can make that date. (Maybe we can talk Mudsneaker into going again... ) Hawk, how many in your group? We could go in two teams (waves) if it seems too many but from what I've heard, we'll need all the help we can get.

Let's take a fresh log and a baggie... and maybe 'the head' will continue to fester for months (or years) thereafter! Hope this doesn't get archived - at least not until after Fall.

With the newest info taken into account, as far as Ellylidan posting the note, that it will go on until Nov 1st, the Head Hunt Goes on! You never know when the evil beings will betray us!

I am wanting to head out on the path of destruction around 9 or 10 am on the 16th. Who would be interested in meeting for breakfast before hand?

It appears now that iy will stay in place till Nov. 1

This cache is best experienced at night!! =:(

I have already done this one but I bet IronMaiden would love to go for it too!

I agree 100% that night is the time to face down the beast. Fully prepared with all the proper gear, this is completely doable. Take a camcorder!! The video I made that night is priceless to me. Think Blair Witch style. :unsure:

With the newest info taken into account, as far as Ellylidan posting the note, that it will go on until Nov 1st, the Head Hunt Goes on! You never know when the evil beings will betray us!

I am wanting to head out on the path of destruction around 9 or 10 am on the 16th. Who would be interested in meeting for breakfast before hand?

Food, my favorite! I'm in for breakfast. Need time and location - I'm not very familiar with the area, so absolutely useless for suggestions.

After talking Scoob yesterday at the luau, we are SO there. We will send the little man to grandma's house for the night. We will do a scouting mission Monday AM for breakfast locals. Decent affordable restaurant, know of a Sharies, Dennies and OCB. Will look, tough on Sunday morning due to after church rush.

Thanks or searching for a place to meet up for breakfast Rich...you know the area better than I.

The area seems really residential. Does any previous finders have an idea where we could get away with parking near the cache to start the hunt, with out blocking driveways? I know that descent sized groups have done the Halloween night thing before...where did you guys park at, and how many cars did you have?

Thanks or searching for a place to meet up for breakfast Rich...you know the area better than I.

The area seems really residential. Does any previous finders have an idea where we could get away with parking near the cache to start the hunt, with out blocking driveways? I know that descent sized groups have done the Halloween night thing before...where did you guys park at, and how many cars did you have?

If people can carpool for a couple of miles, the Starbucks at Station Drive has a very large parking lot directly across from it that is used by any number of people that aren't frequenting the shops in that area.

The address is 1100 Station Drive, Dupont, WA. You can see the map here.

Another fine parking spot is on Manchester Pl. It has been an undeveloped cul-de-sac for years, and the aerial still shows there is no development there. There is a connecting gravel road to Mitchell Avenue to aid your walk in.

michelle

If people can carpool for a couple of miles, the Starbucks at Station Drive has a very large parking lot directly across from it that is used by any number of people that aren't frequenting the shops in that area.

Another fine parking spot is on Manchester Pl. It has been an undeveloped cul-de-sac for years, and the aerial still shows there is no development there. There is a connecting gravel road to Mitchell Avenue to aid your walk in.

michelle

Thanks for the info Michelle. Now that I think about the first spot, I believe that is where I sometimes leave my truck when I go to Ft. Lewis to work, there is also a Subway right there.

So if we park at the end of Mitchell Ave., we will see the access?

michelle

Thanks for the info Michelle. Now that I think about the first spot, I believe that is where I sometimes leave my truck when I go to Ft. Lewis to work, there is also a Subway right there.

So if we park at the end of Mitchell Ave., we will see the access?

You might also try from the south from Bell Hill Dr. A couple years ago, it was an undeveloped circle. Read past logs for hints on access points.

After talking Scoob yesterday at the luau, we are SO there. We will send the little man to grandma's house for the night. We will do a scouting mission Monday AM for breakfast locals. Decent affordable restaurant, know of a Sharies, Dennies and OCB. Will look, tough on Sunday morning due to after church rush.

We parked at the end of the cul-de-sac off of Center. No houses there, but there's a trail there that leads you past the residences and to your destination.

Parking won't be a problem...now finding your way to the head....THAT"S the problem!

bloatedheadparking.jpg

We parked at the end of the cul-de-sac off of Center. No houses there, but there's a trail there that leads you past the residences and to your destination.

Parking won't be a problem...now finding your way to the head....THAT"S the problem!

bloatedheadparking.jpg

That cul-de-sac off Center Drive is manchester Place.

But beware swamp monsters have been know to inhabit that area as well.

<sigh>

What a choice I have, free tickets to the M's that day - on the club level, with my lady wife and two of our best friends... Or getting up early to traipse through a swamp in search of a geocache?

I'm not sure I understand your dilema, the choice seems obvious to me. :)

When we did it we had asked around and everyone told us to plan our assault via this cache, but because we were running out of time and energy we actually decided to give it a pass. However, as luck would have it just as we stepped off the main trail I caught a glimpse of the can and we all stopped long enough to sign it. (bonus!) The chace page and logs (especially the second one before archiving) might provide you some assitance in your planning.

DuPont Crossroads

Any chance this if going to be an event?

<sigh>

What a choice I have, free tickets to the M's that day - on the club level, with my lady wife and two of our best friends... Or getting up early to traipse through a swamp in search of a geocache?

I'm not sure I understand your dilema, the choice seems obvious to me. :blink:

When we did it we had asked around and everyone told us to plan our assault via this cache, but because we were running out of time and energy we actually decided to give it a pass. However, as luck would have it just as we stepped off the main trail I caught a glimpse of the can and we all stopped long enough to sign it. (bonus!) The chace page and logs (especially the second one before archiving) might provide you some assitance in your planning.

DuPont Crossroads

Any chance this if going to be an event?

I was informed last night that "the multi" in the area would be a good place to start. Didn't know the name till now (haven't had a chance to look) Thanks for the Linky thing. I'm still trying to do some research, especially now that that one has been archived.

And yes, I am planning on making this an event. I am waiting for ProjectFred to let me know where a suitable restaurant is. I know there is some newer type establishments in Dupont Crossing, just south of the exit on Wilmington Dr., but I don't believe they are anything more than a few little shops.

I wonder why it's being archived? :huh:

It doesn't matter. The cache can still be found. It's viable.

It would be cool if this could be made into a event. meet for breakfast then head out to find the head.

I am leaning towards having a breakfast Meet and Greet type of event. Snookie74 and I will be caching the area surrounding the Meet and Greet Location, as well as the Dupont area, where the Bloated Festering Head Of My First Victim resides. Those that would like to cache the area of South Tacoma/Dupont, after the Breakfast, will be more than welcome to cache along.

More details to follow!

OK, I now have a meeting place and time all firmed up.

It will be at the Old Country Buffet in Lakewood @ 8am on Sunday Sept. 16th

The address is: 5815 Lakewood Towne Center Blvd Sw

Tacoma, WA 98499

And for those that would like them, the coords are: 47 09.916

122 30.929

Thanks ProjectFred325, for swinging by and shootin' the coords. for me.

The Buffet would like a more accurate count as to how many to expect, so If you could post your Definate's or Maybe's on here, I and they would appreciate it.

Edited by -Hawk-

I really want to do this one, however the 16th is out for me as I have to work Sundays.

Is there anyone else that would prefer going on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night? (or day for that matter)

I would be up for a Thursday or Friday daytime outing any week after this week. You coordinate and I will drive?

Tacoma, WA 98499

122 30.929

The Buffet would like a more accurate count as to how many to expect, so If you could post your Definate's or Maybe's on here, I and they would appreciate it.

I am in for sure. I haven't done much caching down that way, so what better excuse? Probably not going to hurt to have some breakfast and chit chat beforehand, either. Looking forward to it. I am going to start working on the puzzles in the area now. Thanks for the neat idea -Hawk-.

Tacoma, WA 98499

122 30.929

You gonna set up a meet-n-greet for this?