New coin being minted - my first!

imchasingshadows

I would like to introduce my first *ta da!* coin... the "Fair Winds" ... :laughing:

It is in production and should be delivered in several weeks.

There are 250 being minted - 125 in shiny gold finish w/imitation hard enamel and 125 in shiny nickel w/IMHE. They are trackable on GC and have their own icon (a small sailboat). FairWindsIconbyJamie.gif Also, the text "imchasingshadows 2007" is engraved on the side rim.

I love sailing and I love geocaching, so I thought I'd combine those two on a coin.

It was suggested to me by someone, much wiser than myself, to get myself off to the Forums, and try and get a general feel for interest in the coin. Since, those that are very coiniser (coin + wise) know that the e-place is not where one should want to begin. So, any thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

The first two pictures are of the nickel with hard imitation enamal. The third picture is of the gold, but soft enamel. I don't have any pictures of the gold with imitation hard, sorry.

It's hard to see the writing, because of the reflection. You can see it when the coin is in hand.

silverimitationhardenamelfront.jpgsilverimitationhardenamelback.jpggoldsoftenamelfront.jpg

factoryart-1.jpg

Edited by imchasingshadows

:laughing:

I just had a discussion with my money manager, er, husband, and we've decided that $10/each and free shipping to the US for up to 5 coins.

Anyone interested in a coin can email me - nancy@imchasingshadows.org and I'll get more information to you.

Oh, and for those who care - this is being produced by Hogwild Stuff and the art is by Jamie of Madhatters.

I forgot something in the coin's description.

The text "imchasingshadows 2007" is engraved on the side rim.

edited: I stopped and breathed deeply for a moment. Composed myself. Talked to Mama Cache, who is now rolling around on some floor in her house, laughing very hard. Will begin again, right here.

edited: I stopped and breathed deeply for a moment. Composed myself. Talked to Mama Cache, who is now rolling around on some floor in her house, laughing very hard. Will begin again, right here.

:laughing: Well, when people like your coin that is a GOOD thing! :lol:

Very nice coin! I much prefer the imitation hard enamel to the soft enamel as it makes for a smoother look and feel - but that's just me. I'm sure that there are dissenting views on that score. I'm about tapped out on my coin budget for the month (I know it's early in the month but I have some upcoming buys). Perhaps you will still have some later in the month or next month. Congratulations on your pretty coin! :laughing:

CF30

Mama cache is good at laughing!!! :laughing:

Nice coin!!! I'd love to trade!!!

We actually have a C&C sailboat called 'Fairwinds'! Too cool. We'd love to trade for your coin in both finishes when you have them in hand. Take your pick of our meagre offerings :laughing:

What about combining soft enamel and imitation hard enamel on the front... the sailboat and the spinnaker could be imitation hard enamel and the sky could be soft enamel. The cloud and sun could be hard too so they sort of sit proud of the sky... The spray from the bow could be hard and the water soft...hmmmm. Using a combination could be limited by how deep the die is cut though... I know if we were to try this we'd want to see a sample, so it would probably derail your timeline. Heck, it's great as it is!

Arrrrr... we're going sailing on Sunday! I hope we have a day like on your coin!

Very nice design - I like the hard enamel. I know you want the icon, but 250 is a lot to sell these days especially for a personal coin. You might think about doing 100 or 150 and mint more if they sell well.

Sailing reminds me of one of my favorite George Carlin quotes:

"Sailing isn't a sport, it's a way to get somewhere. Riding a bus isn't a sport, why the heck should sailing be sport?" :laughing:

Very nice design - I like the hard enamel. I know you want the icon, but 250 is a lot to sell these days especially for a personal coin. You might think about doing 100 or 150 and mint more if they sell well.

"Sailing isn't a sport, it's a way to get somewhere. Riding a bus isn't a sport, why the heck should sailing be sport?" :laughing:

I know making 250 is a lot but isn't one of the desirable features the icon too or do people even care that much about a unique icon?

"Sailing isn't a sport, it's a way to get somewhere. Riding a bus isn't a sport, why the heck should sailing be sport?" :shocked:

I know making 250 is a lot but isn't one of the desirable features the icon too or do people even care that much about a unique icon?

There's so many icons these days you can't really collect them all like you could a couple of years ago. I think the icon matters to some folks, but to me its all about the design. Also, the fewer coins you mint the more valuable your coin is for trading.

There's so many icons these days you can't really collect them all like you could a couple of years ago. I think the icon matters to some folks, but to me its all about the design. Also, the fewer coins you mint the more valuable your coin is for trading.

Hmm..thanks for the info. Something to think about.

:surprise:

The coins HAVE arrived! :):D

Geohusband (cachedude2006) is sending invoices and getting mailers ready. :D

Geoproducer (Steve @ Hogwild Stuff) is finishing getting activation codes in his system. :ph34r:

Geoangel (Sharon @ Hogwild) aka Mama Cache is breathing sigh of relief and smiling. :)

Geodog (Shadow) is looking forward to hiking to caches, to drop coins as swag. :D

I'm looking at the box of coins. That's it. Just taking it in. :D

Anyway, this about wraps up the pre-orders! Thanks to everyone who ordered/traded!!

Everyone has been very kind!

Invoices will be sent out by the email address of my husband: K5VG@yahoo.com

The initial invoices request payment by Google checkout. If Google, as opposed to Paypal, is a problem, please let me know.

Further orders and trades can be made here.

In case the above link is broken: imchasingshadows.org/geocoins.php or email: nancy@imchasingshadows.org

May you have "Fair winds and Following Seas" your whole life! ;)