Comcast Email Issue

Elias

Sometime in the last few days, Comcast began throttling all Groundspeak email. It appears that Comcast is accepting less than half of the email we're generating, so there is an enormous backlog of email on our mail server.

I filled out the Comcast "Blocked Provider" form twice, being very careful to explain the situation but each time I receive a canned response that our server isn't blocked. While technically true, I did carefully explain that we're being throttled and not completely blocked and I asked them to relax their restrictions or whitelist us. Given these canned responses, they don't seem to want to help resolve this issue:

post-5-1199306479.gif

At this point there's nothing more Groundspeak can do to resolve this issue. If you're a Comcast customer affected by this issue, please contact Comcast and try to have this escalated. If you can send me a PM here in the forums with the direct contact for someone who can help resolve this issue, I'll happily contact them.

:unsure: Elias

I've received a number of PMs this morning from Comcast customers who have had some luck contacting Comcast on this issue. One report indicated that Comcast has recently implemented some new anti-spam measures that are causing mail problems for a number of large-volume email senders, and Groundspeak appears to be one of them. Another report indicated that Comcast maintains that they're not blocking us, but they did admit that there is "some type of problem" and that the issue has been escalated.

Thanks to everyone for contacting Comcast to get them to admit there's an issue and work on it. I'm encouraged by these latest reports that this may be resolved soon.

I'll continue updating this thread as new information comes in.

:P Elias

After some productive communication with Comcast yesterday, this issue should be resolved. All backlogged email in queue has been delivered.

I'd like to thank all the Comcast geocachers who contacted Comcast to help get their attention. It was only after all those calls that Comcast proactively contacted us to resolve this issue.

:) Elias