Terraserver Zone Editing not working?

Bjorn74

This just happened today. Going from either the Zone Edit or using Map from the Tools menu, the function errors out with something about no data for the theme. "No Data Exists for the chosen Theme, Try another Theme." This is backed up by "There was an error using TerraSever Object Reference not set to an instance of an object."

This just happened today. Going from either the Zone Edit or using Map from the Tools menu, the function errors out with something about no data for the theme. "No Data Exists for the chosen Theme, Try another Theme." This is backed up by "There was an error using TerraSever Object Reference not set to an instance of an object."

I would suggest using the edit zone online feature. This uses google maps.

David

"No Data Exists for the chosen Theme, Try another Theme."

I would suggest using the edit zone online feature. This uses google maps.

David

I have the same error as Bjorn.

But... when I create a zone in New York and move the map there, it works.

When I switch back to the zone in Berlin --> "No data..."

Is there only map data for US?

Secondly, when I try to avoid the TerraServer and use "edit online", an empty form pops up with no zone in it.

I cant add zones nor do anything else in this form.

Any suggestions?

The only possibility right now for me is creating zones manually....

Thanks,

Ben

P.S.

The empty "Edit online"-form only occurs with the fully updated IE (7.0.x...)

I installed a new OS with an old IE --> "Edit online" works there. Okay.. with this workaround I can start the first test cartridge!

Edited by -Ben

TerraServer is based primarily on data from the USGS. It covers the continental US and a few other areas, but is generally not useful outside the US.

Your best bet is to let the builder create the zone based on size and lat/lon. Then use the Edit Online feature as David suggests. This feature uses Google maps, which have worldwide coverage.

I seem to recall reading a post indicating that Google maps would be used for everything in a future version of the builder. We can only hope.