Help: How do I change the displayed Topo Map Background Color?

I could use some help, I've searched "topo map background color change" and I couldn't find any similar posts.

I've installed Ibycus Topo maps for Canada into MapSource and I can download selections of them to my Legend HCx, but the problem is that the tan background color in MapSource becomes a very dark blue on the GPSr and I can hardly see the black roads and trails. Is there any way to change the background display color on the map page? (The "Setup/Display" changes do not affect the map color, they only control the data field display boxes.) The only partial fix I have found is to switch "Marine Colors" on, which changes the background color on the GPSr map background, but then it stops displaying the contour lines.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Change the settings so you re always set to daytime colors. I just got a new Legend HCx and noticed the same thing. Go to main menu, settings, display and set it for "daytime" not auto. Then it will always display them in the tan colors which makes roads easier to see, but you will lose the ability to have a different color at night. No biggy to me since I happen to like the same color for both day and night.

Change the settings so you re always set to daytime colors. I just got a new Legend HCx and noticed the same thing. Go to main menu, settings, display and set it for "daytime" not auto. Then it will always display them in the tan colors which makes roads easier to see, but you will lose the ability to have a different color at night. No biggy to me since I happen to like the same color for both day and night.

Thank you VERY much. I had both my night and day color schemes set to the same thing so I didn't think that would be a factor, but obviously I was wrong.

I was pointed to this thread by the maker of Ibycus,

so I played around with my Colorado,

and once I turned on Marine Colors, of all things,

I started seeing gray roads on a yellow background,

where I only used to have white roads on a white background,

so that I could really only see them in green parks.

Thanks you!