Feature Request: x user(s) ignoring this cache.

PA3FUS

As the owner of a "difficult" puzzle cache I would like to know how many people have this cache on their ignore list. Similar to line where the current number of user(s) watching this cache is presented it maybe a good idea to add a line with the number of users ignoring a cache listing.

I don't now if it needs much CPU time but to a cache owner it may give some idea how popular (or not) a cache may be.

Hopefully it's a add to the value of cache listing.

Greetings Jan-Willem PA3FUS.

As the owner of a "difficult" puzzle cache I would like to know how many people have this cache on their ignore list. Similar to line where the current number of user(s) watching this cache is presented it maybe a good idea to add a line with the number of users ignoring a cache listing.

I don't now if it needs much CPU time but to a cache owner it may give some idea how popular (or not) a cache may be.

There's no beneficial reason to display this number. There are all sort of reasons for people to ignore caches, so whether the number is low or high really doesn't have much meaning. And it would lead to the same issues ("Who's watching my cache?") as the watchlist does.

There's no beneficial reason to display this number. There are all sort of reasons for people to ignore caches, so whether the number is low or high really doesn't have much meaning. And it would lead to the same issues ("Who's watching my cache?") as the watchlist does.

Agreed - There are caches I am ignoring but I have never actually used that feature.

What sort of information were you hoping to glean from this addtion?

Agreed - There are caches I am ignoring but I have never actually used that feature.

What sort of information were you hoping to glean from this addtion?

Actually I have a few trad's and earthcaches (virtuals) on my own ignore list because these are not worth a visit in my opinion. By giving the number of ignoring users a owner can make a judgement if it's worth to keep a cache online or not.

Popular caches have lot's of watchers, impopular caches could have more ignorers.

And for my own cache, i'm just curious if it's time come up with something new since there are more and more new cachers around here in the neighbourhood who may be ignoring it. :rolleyes:

Greets Jan-Willem.

Actually I have a few trad's and earthcaches (virtuals) on my own ignore list because these are not worth a visit in my opinion. By giving the number of ignoring users a owner can make a judgement if it's worth to keep a cache online or not.

Popular caches have lot's of watchers, impopular caches could have more ignorers.

And for my own cache, i'm just curious if it's time come up with something new since there are more and more new cachers around here in the neighbourhood who may be ignoring it. :rolleyes:

I don't know if the number of watchers or ignorers has any real deep significance. In my experience, most perfectly fine caches have zero or maybe one or two watchers. I have some caches on my watch list just to see if an interesting TB or coin gets dropped there.

The main reason I have heard of people Ignoring a Cache is because they do not want to do any caches from a particular cache owner.

Since many of my caches involve a fairly long hike, I imagine they have quite a few people ignoring them . . . but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with my caches. :)

It just means the people ignoring them don't want a cache, only reached by hiking, showing up in their searches anymore. :rolleyes:

Since many of my caches involve a fairly long hike, I imagine they have quite a few people ignoring them . . . but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with my caches. :)

It just means the people ignoring them don't want a cache, only reached by hiking, showing up in their searches anymore. :D

Here it's more meant for so called "bermprullen" micro's at parkings of highways where a cache is in the "open" nature toilet. :rolleyes:

Here it's more meant for so called "bermprullen" micro's at parkings of highways where a cache is in the "open" nature toilet. :rolleyes:

I think painting your area with such a broad brush might not be wise. This may be your reason, however others may not agree with you.

Some reasons are

- too long a hike

- don't like micros

- don't like the cacher

- unable to find

- don't like puzzle caches

- don't like multi's

etc.

Not too many ignore a cache cause it is boring or bad since there is no way to tell untill you find it.

I don't see any value in this idea. I enjoy seeing there are people watching my cache. I could care less if I'm being ignored. That number would not entertain me or give me any beneficial (angst-free) data that I could use.

By giving the number of ignoring users a owner can make a judgement if it's worth to keep a cache online or not.

I wouldn't read that much into it. While I am likely to list any cache anywhere on my favorite list or watchlist. I think it is far more likely I would only ignore local caches and for reasons they may or may not have anything to do with quality.

I don't see any value in this idea. I enjoy seeing there are people watching my cache. I could care less if I'm being ignored. That number would not entertain me or give me any beneficial (angst-free) data that I could use.

This sums up how I feel.