Great list of updates!
* Updater complies with Windows Vista operating system for Earthmate® GPS PN-20 firmware and data.
* Updated base maps and regional maps work with Topo USA 7.0.
* Provides ability to enter and display owner information.
* Option to mute sound available.
* Saves user preferences between firmware updates.
* Ability to set a unique datum for both Coordinates:Primary and Coordinates:Secondary.
* "Search is Complete" displays at the end of the results list when all results have been returned.
* A new Hunt/Fish page is available.
* Able to display draw objects cut from Topo USA 7.0 over raster data.
* Includes major and minor POIs from Topo USA 7.0.
* Able to view nautical chart data cut from Topo USA 7.0.
* Able to view Township/Range polygons in vector data cut from Topo USA 7.0.
* Polygons created with the measure tool can include area information.
* The Enter button can now perform a map pick based upon current GPS location, rather than having to enter pan mode.
* User objects (Waypoints/Tracks/Routes/Draw/GIS) are listed at the top of the Multiple Objects list when you perform a pick on the map.
* New Map Style option added in Map Setup allows you to choose between Topo View and Street View. In Topo view, all map objects are drawn. In Street View, contour lines and land-use/land-cover polygons are omitted.
* New Show Hybrid Maps option in Map Setup allows vector data (points/lines) to display on top of imagery.
* View/Hide is available for routes. This allows you to view a route on the map (road routes viewed on PN-20 will still need to calculate) without entering navigate mode.
* Support added for automatic back-on-track recalculation for direct and road routes.
* Two-point direct routes continually update from the current GPS location to the route finish (rubber band routing).
* When editing text input, the In button deletes one character at a time.
* Option to begin a new track log when the current log is full available.
* When saving the active track, options to reset running trip information are available.
* Up to 800 characters allowed in the comments section.
* Ability to hide waypoints below a zoom level you select.
* Ability to average waypoints multiple times.
* Ability to reposition existing waypoints to the current GPS location.
* A new option allows you to always display small waypoint symbols.
* Full page view for waypoint comments is available. From the Waypoint Details page, choose Menu...View Comment Details.
* Current Symbol is the default highlight when you enter the Waypoint Symbol list. This makes it easier, for example, to change a Geocache symbol to a Geocache Found symbol.
* Info field names updated to match menu labels when possible.
* DST setting text changed to "Enable Daylight Saving." Enabling this setting allows the device to account for Daylight Saving Time. This is a manual setting that you should change at the appropriate times of year.
* New rules for text editing: When editing existing text, entering edit mode highlights entire text, and the left and right arrows move the cursor to the beginning or end of the text.
* NAD27 Conus label changed to NAD27 Continental US.
* Warning popup message displays with final battery warning.
* Improved Find performance using Topo 7 maps.
* Find remembers results when returning to the Find Results page after pressing the Quit button.
* Find remembers search field entries between searches.
* Limited the number of characters allowed when typing in City/Name fields.
* Find performance improved.
* The menu item “History” is now named “Recent Finds”.
* For Address by Name searches, "Street#" changed to "Building Number" and "Name" changed to "Street Name."
* The Find By Name requires only a single character in the Name field to trigger the alphabetic results list.
* Changes to the Find Menu more clearly indicate current the Find Mode (Near Map Center/By Name) and clarify how to switch between modes. These changes also apply to the Begins With and Contains options when in Find By Name mode.
* Find accepts full compass directions in street names. "East Main St" and "E Main St" work the same in a search.
* The measure tool can create a polygon with area information.
* When panning the map and then visiting the Sun/Moon or Tides pages, press the Quit button to return to the Map page, centered on the last pan location.
* To improve readability when viewing ratios for map scale, K is used for thousands and M is used for millions.
* When hovering over a contour line, the elevation and the correct units of measurement appear in the pick text.
* Improved drawing of Unimproved Local Roads, Intermittent Streams, and Four Wheel Drive Trails.
* Able to view Regional Maps through the Data Management screen.
* Ability to now properly manage USA Topographic 2008/2007 and GIS layers through Manage Layers.
* Custom Raster moved higher in the Data Layerering list.
* ImageReg moved higher in the Data Layering list
* Route simulation enabled.
* Improved route calculation speed in urban areas.
* Support added for vias in routes transferred from Topo USA 7.0.
* Improved device performance when a large number of routes exist.
* When long, complicated routes are transferred from Topo USA, the PN-20 no longer displays the error “Error storing route (Too many shape points.).”
* Route simulation allows selection of a simulation speed (1X – 50X).
* Improvements to GPS accuracy estimation when not using WAAS.
* Satellite page text changes for increased clarity.
* Modification to the keyboard layout ensures separation between the Clear and Enter buttons.
* "Start Recording New Track" is the default setting for "When Track is Full" in Track Settings.
* When performing a track playback, you can select a playback speed (1X – 50X).
* Modified the auto-naming functionality when creating a new waypoint. The previous symbol and name is incorporated in the newly created waypoint by default.
* Enforced declared limit of 1,000 waypoints on the device when waypoints are transferred from the desktop.
* Compass arrow gets stuck at points along a Direct Route .
* Earthmate GPS PN-20 boots correctly when GPS and WAAS settings are disabled.
* Custom page order is correctly remembered when cycling through pages.
* Fixed reporting of Average Moving Speed in Info frames.
* Increased resolution to allow modification of Seconds when viewing Deg, Min, Sec.
* Double focus issues in Pages have been addressed.
* Coordinate spin controls no longer allow numbers over 59.
* After editing a user object (route, waypoint, track), and powering off the device before leaving the Details page, the edits are saved.
* Limited the number of characters allowed when typing in City/Name fields.
* POI search results are no longer temporarily hidden when a search is stopped and then continued.
* Contour lines are no longer returned during the Find…All process.
* Find improvements to prevent crashes and instability.
* Fixed a problem with the highlight on the Find page. Highlight now properly cycles through results after you view a result, then quit back to results, then scroll up.
* Waypoint find results refresh if you edit a waypoint, and then quit back to the Find results.
* "Searching>>>" no longer reports Bearing/Distance.
* Improvements to the way Address results are returned. Address results are now returned in larger ranges (Example: 1-1299 E Fort Ave). If you search for a specific address, and view the returned range, you are located to the correct geographic position within that range.
* Periodic loss of GPS signal during a 3D is fix greatly reduced.
* Map text is properly shown when viewing seam between two cut maps.
* Turn Off Imagery menu option no longer disables Topo6 or Topo7 data.
* Deleting the last map package through the Data Management screen no longer results in a crash.
* Viewing N90,W180 no longer resets device.
* Selecting Restore Setup Defaults correctly resets the owner information when restarting the device.
* Correctly calculates direct routes when their names contain non-alpha numeric characters.
* Improved Routing stability.
* Improved route following performance.
* Back on Track recalculations no longer produce corrupt routes.
* Stopping navigation when in the Route Directions page no longer causes an error.
* Deleted tracks do not reappear.
* Track Details more closely match GPS Log File Details.
* Trip counters do not continue to increase when the GPS is disabled.
* Properly displays waypoint information with attached URL information.
* No longer creates new, empty waypoints after all waypoints deleted and device is shut down.
* Waypoints are required to have a name.
* When using UTM coordinates with a datum of NAD27 Conus, leaving the edit mode of the coordinates field does no longer modifies the waypoint coordinates.
* Pressing the Find button immediately after editing a waypoint in the Waypoint Details page displays any updates made to that waypoint while in the Waypoint Details page.
* A change to a waypoint name is correctly saved when quitting the Waypoint Details page.
* Waypoints created from a map pick (using the cursor) are now placed at the actual click position for line/polygon objects. Previously they could end up at the center of the object instead of where you clicked.
* Improvements made to waypoint averaging to prevent estimated accuracy from increasing inappropriately.
* Continued support for Earthmate GPS PN-20 interaction with Topo USA 6.0.
* Via support disabled. Vias will not appear on the Earthmate GPS PN-20 and are not used in route recalculation.
* White spaces around cut imagery may still appear.