Garmin GPSMAP 60 CSx - Software Upgrade 3.5 to 3.6

Hey all,

Due to some quirky problems with my North pointer getting stuck while in map mode, Garmin has recommended that I do a hard reset (done that) and upgrade my unit's operating system.

I'm showing my Software Version is 3.5, so I'd be going to 3.6.

Has anyone had any problems during download, install or afterwards going from 3.5 to 3.6 ?

Also, what is the difference between my Software Version (3.5) and my GPS SW Version (3.0) ??

Thanks!

Beck

Edited by outdoors4me

what is the difference between my Software Version (3.5) and my GPS SW Version (3.0) ??

By following the FAQ link at the top of the forum, you can find http://www.gpsfaqs.org/faqs/garmin/xseries...tml#twoversions

Why do I sometimes see two firmware version numbers displayed?

If you see two version numbers displayed, the first is the main OS of the receiver. The second is the version of the code used by the Sirf receiver circuit.

what is the difference between my Software Version (3.5) and my GPS SW Version (3.0) ??

By following the FAQ link at the top of the forum, you can find http://www.gpsfaqs.org/faqs/garmin/xseries...tml#twoversions

Why do I sometimes see two firmware version numbers displayed?

If you see two version numbers displayed, the first is the main OS of the receiver. The second is the version of the code used by the Sirf receiver circuit.

Roy. That answers one of the questions. Appreciate the link. I'll wait on replies for the other.

By the way I play a Fender P Bass for R & R and I also play bluegrass mando.

Beck

Edited by outdoors4me

There is often someone who has problems with every update. Are you using the webupdater? Either way I would pull my SD card out first. My theory is that many of the problems come from the update trying to write to the sd card. Some people in the past have even had theirs fried.

The other thing I do is keep a connection to the internet. In the past I've had a problem with my computer recognizing the gps afterwards. I found something about unsigned drivers, so I re-did while connected hopeing the digital gods would sign them and it worked.

Third thing is afterward turn the gps off, then fire the GPS up outside where you have good sats. You won't show the updates until you re-start after the updates.

You should show 3.6/3.0 for you current updates.

There is often someone who has problems with every update. Are you using the webupdater? Either way I would pull my SD card out first. My theory is that many of the problems come from the update trying to write to the sd card. Some people in the past have even had theirs fried.

The other thing I do is keep a connection to the internet. In the past I've had a problem with my computer recognizing the gps afterwards. I found something about unsigned drivers, so I re-did while connected hopeing the digital gods would sign them and it worked.

Third thing is afterward turn the gps off, then fire the GPS up outside where you have good sats. You won't show the updates until you re-start after the updates.

You should show 3.6/3.0 for you current updates.

More good stuff. I will be using webupdater and I'll pull my SD.

Thanks, Beck