Store waypoints on Garmin Vista HCx microSD

Garmin's Mapsource stores the map data on the microSD. But all my waypoints are stored within the GPS. Is there any way that I can store the waypoints on the microSD?

I want to use multiple microSD cards for multiple areas. Example: one for Ontario and one for British Columbia. If it's not possible to store the waypoints on the microSD then I will manually have to swap the data out of the unit before my trip.

Thanks.

Garmin's Mapsource stores the map data on the microSD. But all my waypoints are stored within the GPS. Is there any way that I can store the waypoints on the microSD?

I want to use multiple microSD cards for multiple areas. Example: one for Ontario and one for British Columbia. If it's not possible to store the waypoints on the microSD then I will manually have to swap the data out of the unit before my trip.

Thanks.

I don't think so. But, you CAN save geocaches as custom Points Of Interest (POI) using Garmin's POI Loader. While most GPSr limit waypoints to about 1000, POIs are only limited by the amount of memory in your SD card

Since the GPSr only shows closest POIs, you can load them all and not worry about it.

Using GSAK to Export different .gpx files and then Garmin's POI loader, I load almost 10,000 POIs on my Vista HCx. :huh: These include all the caches I have found, divided by those that are still Active, and those that are Archived, as well as the caches I have not found, divided into three regions, and a few thousand Benchmarks.

Using GSAK to Export different .gpx files and then Garmin's POI loader, I load almost 10,000 POIs on my Vista HCx. :anibad: These include all the caches I have found, divided by those that are still Active, and those that are Archived, as well as the caches I have not found, divided into three regions, and a few thousand Benchmarks.

Would you say more about this? What file format are you exporting from GSAK? Is Garmin's POI loader accessed through their map and waypoint manager?

Thanks

Using GSAK to Export different .gpx files and then Garmin's POI loader, I load almost 10,000 POIs on my Vista HCx. :) These include all the caches I have found, divided by those that are still Active, and those that are Archived, as well as the caches I have not found, divided into three regions, and a few thousand Benchmarks.

Would you say more about this? What file format are you exporting from GSAK? Is Garmin's POI loader accessed through their map and waypoint manager?

Thanks

Oops. never mind. Found link to Garmin's Point of Interest Loader here

http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/

where it tells me that I need .csv files. Going to play with GSAK to see

about the export.

Seems like this would definitely be the way to go when doing a long trip